ADVERTISEMENT

Narrows...

Wolfreak

Jul 13, 2001
Lincoln and Foss are in a rumble for first place in the Narrows League, each winning tonight, and each clinching a district seed to state. South Kitsap won and Wilson lost, setting up a 3rd-4th place scenario (SK has the tie-breaker over Wilson in case of a tie).

In the Bay division, Central Kitsap clinched the division last week, Olympia grabbed the 4th seed with their win over Stadium tonight, Mount Tahoma and Bellarmine Prep will battle for 2nd and 3rd place.

Here's the seeds thus far (league record):
BRIDGE-
(1) Foss (11-3)
(1) Lincoln (11-3)
(3) South Kitsap (8-5)
(4) Wilson (8-6)

BAY-
(1) Central Kitsap (11-3)
(2) Mount Tahoma (7-5)
(2) Bellarmine Prep (7-6)
(4) Olympia (4-8)

This post was edited on 2/3 10:35 PM by Wolfreak

You know it all man...but I wonder if BPS can qualify for the Narrow's playoffs...that would be so weird if they didn't make it...

Sound be good stuff when the playoffs start next week. Wasn't sure if BPS would qualify for Narrows but they did.

is there a tie breaker if bp and mt.t ties for 2nd-3rd place? I thought head to head was split one to one. Just wondering.
Foss and CK should be a good match up
Poor wilson they have to win two games to get into dirtricts now.
I see a win against oly but a win over sk,bp,mt.t I dont see but anything can happen.

Mount Tahoma and Bellarmine Prep could easily tie for 2nd place. They did split the series, and in years past I've seen coin flips or point differential used as a tie-breaker, so we'll have to wait and see...

I'm pretty sure South Kitsap would rather NOT play either of them.

wink.gif

did you see this wolfie???
http://www.thenewstribune.com/1043/story/618315.html

I did see that, and other related articles.

I'm not a fan, at all, of multi-classification leagues. The Narrows League has strictly avoided that recent trend through opt-ups, and is the only remaining "true" 4A league. Personally? Hope a 3A/4A scenario doesn't happen.

i hope it dont matter too but if it does hope the only teams that get added is capital, timberline, north thurston, yelm, then clover park,lakes, and peninsula to make a 3A league. I feel bad for cap,nt,yelm, and timb because they got screwed when the spsl formed a 3a league too. clover park, lakes, and i think peninsula left and I think some other left too.
When I first got to lincoln the league went something like this
lincoln, foss, wilson, bp, mt.t, stadium, sk, north t, timberline, peninsula, gh
then the next year north, timberline and peninsula all left and we added nk,ck,bremerton,pa, olympic, olympia, and capital to make a 16 team league the next 2 years.

thanks it looks like shelton just needs to stay in the narrows lol.
Did you hear anything about a tie breaker b/w mt.t and bp?

Well, the BP AD says Bellarmine will play SK on Feb 12, so somehow BP finished 3rd in the Bay (SK is 3rd in the Bridge), Mount Tahoma 2nd (looks like the T-Birds will play your Abes).

Have NO ideas how this happened, as BP and MT each finsihed 8-6, and split the season series. No one can seem to tell me just what the tiebreaker was, but I'm thinking it's head-to-head vs the other Bay teams.

it was probably an arm wrestling match between coaches lol.
I saw the first,second,and honorable mention teams in the paper and I looked and does ck have any players other than seniors on the team???
This lincoln team remind me of a team that went on to win two state titles. Young but good team and I say the best player is not playing due to a injury. I cant spell the first name off the top of my head but the last name is Coley.

Originally posted by abesrulez:
it was probably an arm wrestling match between coaches lol.
I saw the first,second,and honorable mention teams in the paper and I looked and does ck have any players other than seniors on the team???
This lincoln team remind me of a team that went on to win two state titles. Young but good team and I say the best player is not playing due to a injury. I cant spell the first name off the top of my head but the last name is Coley.

Lincoln goes as their soph PG guard Jordan Russell goes. He made first team all-league but Coley is good.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT