ADVERTISEMENT

NEA

the_boz

Oct 31, 2014
Is anyone up to legitimately challenging this Colville team? Was the Freeman game a fluke or is the offense really that good?

Freeman has no offense, but Colville is a disciplined and well coached team and when they get their run game going its tough to stop. Nobody in the NEA has or will challenge them this year. They'll be a tough out come playoff time.

Colville defense is tough to move ball on. Looks like the team is getting better every week and come playoff time they will challenge the big boys again. Maybe this is finally the year they get one

I know the playoffs can change real quickly, but Colville may get a chance to prove their defense in the first round of the playoffs. It is looking like they may play Connell first round.

What are the crossover scenarios for the NEA and CTL? It appears the #1s are protected from each league. How are the 6/7 #3 and 6/7 #4 determined? Do the #2s and #3s from each league crossover? If so, which winner gets the 6/7 #3 birth and which the 6/7 #4?

Good question Oldgrenadier. I asked and didn't get a real straight answer if both #2 win. If a #2 and #3 win then #2 gets 3 seed and #3 gets 4 seed.

What are the crossover scenarios for the NEA and CTL? It appears the #1s are protected from each league. How are the 6/7 #3 and 6/7 #4 determined? Do the #2s and #3s from each league crossover? If so, which winner gets the 6/7 #3 birth and which the 6/7 #4?
Pretty straight forward...in the NEA 2 v. CTL 3, the winner will be D6/7 No. 3 (opposite of the D7 No. 1, as the expectation in seeding would be a 2 would beat a 3 and thus keep the same D7 teams away from each other early)...same holds true for CTL 2 v NEA 3...they will be D6/7 No. 4 and opposite of the D6 No. 1.

Reactions: OldGrenadier
Pretty straight forward...in the NEA 2 v. CTL 3, the winner will be D6/7 No. 3 (opposite of the D7 No. 1, as the expectation in seeding would be a 2 would beat a 3 and thus keep the same D7 teams away from each other early)...same holds true for CTL 2 v NEA 3...they will be D6/7 No. 4 and opposite of the D6 No. 1.
And apparently the leagues have done the exact opposite from what I was told would happen...which make no sense.

See link...
http://www.nealeague.com/tournament.php?tournament_id=2441&sport=1

That means that they could meet their own league teams in the quarters instead of the semis. Interesting.

Well, funny thing, by this bracket Freeman (who is #3 in NEA) could go in as the 6/7 District #3 if they beat Cashmere, and Newport (who is #2 in NEA) would be the 6/7 District #4.

Got to love playoffs. anything can happen.

I doubt Newport will complain about the 4 seed, the 3 seed will play Royal first round assuming they beat La Salle in the crossover.

ADVERTISEMENT