ADVERTISEMENT

neah bay

bearback

Oct 22, 2003
i think neah bay will surprise alot of people this year. this year they have a great coaching staff and are making the kids work hard.it will be getting back to the old neah bay football and you watch, they will get into the play-offs.l-w will not get beat this year, again.i think if clallam bay would have played them in the tacoma dome last year the outcome would have been alot different. not taking anything away from l-w and if we would have played callam football it would have been different also.

if neah bay has all thier players they will pound pe ell this week.and they will just get better.

Hey buddy, good to see you still around here! :)

It is no secret that Neah Bay has all the decent Clallam Bay players this year and now the tide up there will turn back to the Neah Bay side. There is some talent ont that team, but you have Lummi in your own league to get through. Pe Ell will also get stronger and has some players out right now, they will peak down the road somewhere.

yeah, my wife is a cook at neah bay high school and says we have to pull for the red devils this year since our son has moved on to college.tony mc. the assistant coach for n.b. is very good and took clallam bay to a state title back in the 80's.he demands disapline and will get the most out of his players.it will take some time to change things and it will change for the better. just in time for the playoffs.

Bear Back are you trying to be funny? You should change your name to "Sometimes Bear Back, if they have the talent". Most fans would be extremely upset if their beloved team that they "back" lost three of their best players to a rival school. Reducing their team to playing a jv schedule. Not you though, you just change teams.

The other funny thing is that if this was any other B school in the state taking these students, we would have to take the other schools whole enrollment forcing us out of B-8 football to B-11. It's crystal clear that they are moving because of athletics.

Neah Bay won't surprise anyone. Every coach in b-8 is well aware that Neah Bay has the most kids of anyone in the state to chose from playing at this level. It would be a surprise if they couldn't compete. 168 kids between the two shools currently with Neah Bay hovering at 99 before the transfers.

Amazing

:) - can't argue with facts!

The problem I have with those kids up in the Northwest corner of our State between these two schools is simply that they can transfer back and forth between Clallam and Neah Bay's so easily. A kid can actually play his freshman season at Clallam, sophomore at Neah, junior at Clallam, and finish his senior year back at Neah if he so wants to.

With that being said, a kid that plays FRESHMAN Football at Pasco High School can NOT transfer to Tri-Cities Prep as a sophomore and play varsity football. He has to sit out his entire sophomore season and is not eligible until his junior year. That is ok, because that is the WIAA rule, but where are the rules when it comes to Neah and Clallam Bay?????

Interesting, and gets people fired up!

my wife and i both work in neah bay and have always supported the athletics here and in clallam bay.our son went to school in clallam for his whole high school years so of corse we supported him and his team. on the other hand when neah bay played any other team we have supported neah bay.as far as the transfers i have nothing to do with that and it sounds like youyr a little worried. there are alot of schools on the east side that has 2 schools feeding one team, but i know they don't transfer.and when n.b. goes to state there will be alot of you crying about transfers. dont know what to say.

BUT...there are just two schools of 40 some students feeding one football team on the east side, not two schools of 60 to 80 students to equal the opportunity to select from a total population of 120 to 140 plus students. That is what is happening at Neah and Clallam. That just isn't right!

You are so right T8-Man!! Bear back I'm concerned that you sound like you don't care that these transfers destroyed Clallam Bay's football program. It's also concerning that you feel that you have nothing to do with the transfers. Everyone in your community has something to do with it. Your district allows it and your district is ran by your community.

I have a question for you Bear Back. Football is suppose to teach us. What do you think this district rule is teaching your players?

I wouldnt call them transfers. I would call it coming home. I totally agree the transfer issue between the two schools needs to be adressed though. Ive sat and read, and listened to alot of people about this issue from both sides since im right in the middle. When we made the decision to bring Eric home i knew most of the 8 man community would think its more about sports than family dynamics, and changes in the school administration. He has been at CB since 8th grade. He diddnt transfer there to play sports, we werent happy with with the school here. I actually had to talk him into playing Football and at CB. Coach Andy Ritter will back me on that one. Turns out he ended up being an OK player. Starting the second half of the season his frosh. year.
Over the last summer and past few years there has been changes at NB. There is a new Principal who I believe will have positive impact on all the students @ NB. Test scores are on the rise. I have a chance to be a positive impact on the community and kids by being a volunteer Asst. Coach.
There has also been changes in our Family, going from a 2 income to 1 income family. It would be too expensive to have him play down there. In that sense i guess you could say its about sports. We are also his parents, WE decide what is best for our family. My wife is from CB and Eric stayed with her parents some of the time. But we felt we were losing some control. Its not fair to them to try and enforce our rules on our kid. He was getting good at playing both of us. Telling the grand parent one thing, us another, then doing his own thing. It seemed like we were being probation officers not parents.
I know Brad is coming home because he lost a brother on in a car accident towards the end of last school year on the road between CB and NB. His Dad just wants him home.
Sports is very important to everyone who competes. To just bash kids and parents based on assumptions is just wrong. I believe the the parents with all the facts and have to live with their decisions believe they are making the right choices for their kids and familes.
Like i said at he beginning there should be some changes. Now that kids came home, and CB's FB program is suffering. The district office located in CB will probably adress the issue. I doubt the dist, will seperate though because CB school get funds for every NB transfer.

Question for you Red Bear.....

I just went back and looked at all the post and not a single person bashed parents or kids. It was brought up that this is a community (district) problem and that nobody is accountable except themselves and I agree with that. It was also brought up that this IS athletically motivated and with all due respect to the kid that lost a brother, I also agree with that.

I am not saying that you are being untruthful in your post, however, you and I both now that this situation has been athletically motivated for some time now, regardless of what your personal situation is for the change. I guess that I would have to say that I would move my kid to the school affording him the best opportunity athletically IF the education was the same level. Does not mean it is right. You told me during the playoffs last season that Eric was very fortunate to be at Clallam Bay because the school was a better place for him to be then at Neah. That both you and him felt that was the right move to make, and now you are telling me that in less than one year things at Neah Bay are completely different?

I have to call you out on this one buddy, and you know I do.

Re: Question for you Red Bear.....

This must be Dan. Ive been expecting your response. Hows it going? On my way to Pe Ell Right now ill get back to you later. Take care.

Re: Question for you Red Bear.....

Dan, I had too long of a reply, and it got erased. im in the book give me a call and we can talk football and my situation.

I have observed the NB - CB rivalry for many years. Until just recently athletes never transferred from one school to the other. Players always remained loyal to their own school. Over just the last few years has this jumping from one school to the other been going on. Last year CB had the best team and players, so the best NB kids want to go to that school to get in on all the so called GLORY. Now the tide has changed and NB looks like they will have all the talent. However, this can and probably will work against them down the road and into the play-offs. Neither school has had much success in getting to the title match in football mostly because of a TOTAL lack of discipline. You will find that this will also be the case for the 2005 season. Don't worry too much about NB. Pray for CB, as their football program has taken a big hit, from title contender, to almost on the brink of total collapse. Reduced to a JV. program and a 180 degree turn around. WOW!!! This is a sad day in sports. Their school district needs to address this issue of transferring for sports and like real quick. This should not be allowed to continue. Once you lose a football program it is very hard to get it back and CB is very close and teetering on the edge.
But, you also have to take into consideration the WASAL and No Child Left Behind. This may not be such a cut and dry case as one might think.
This post was edited on 9/14 8:53 PM by Gary Kautzif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

Neah Bay kids transfer HOME

I have to disagree with a lot that has been said. CB has taken Neah Bays best athletes for years now. You guys are talking about the last 3 years. This goes back to the very early 1990's. At times, it is athletically motivated. Reasons can be because who is coaching, how kids are doing at one school grade wise, behavioral issues. Prior to our Neah Bay kids transferring back home, only one CLALLAM BAY kid has transferred to NB according to my recollection and that was Jesse Duncan back in 1989. Is there incentive for the Ditrict to go after NB kids? I would think so considering their total numbers are way down. The numbers at the CB school are way down, currently there are probably close to 35 total Native Americans (MAKAH) attending CB.Do we blame the kids? NO. Do we blame the parents? No.The only reason it can be done w/ NB and CB is because it is one school district.
This post was edited on 9/20 8:50 AM by reddevilfootballif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

Re: Neah Bay kids transfer HOME

you make it sound like the CBs going after these kids? i dont think so. i dont know about CB getting the best athletes, either. ive seen some very athletic teams come out of NB. ( neah has had more talent then most B schools around the state) your way off when you say CB is going after NB kids. most of the kids that come to CB have discipline problems, and i think the parents are looking for some direction for there kids . Everybody likes to place blame and point fingers, but the problem seems to be within your own community. what is the reason they send there kids to CB? I think if you want to correct the problem, start at home!!By the way, why did you transfer to Crescent? the same reason your little brother went to CB? just wondering.

Re: Neah Bay kids transfer HOME

just the facts!!
This post was edited on 9/20 8:34 AM by reddevilfootballif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

ADVERTISEMENT