ADVERTISEMENT

Nominations for WashingtonPreps.com 2A "All-State" Team are Open

Rainmaker2112

Gold Member
Sep 12, 2008
Now that the final champions have been crowned in the 2011 high school football season it's time to honor the players in 2A who have had "All-State" seasons.

This is your chance to get involved in the process as WashingtonPreps.com is asking for your nominations for the players who should be considered for this prestigious team.

Post your nominations below and a little why the player(s) should be considered. Note that if you can provide stats to backup why they should be considered all the better.

This is a chance for everyone to have input. Please keep these posts clean and let's not knock players or teams in this post. Forum admins reserve the right to edit or delete posts that cannot follow these basic rules.

Nominations will close on December 15th, so start filling this post with your nominations now!

Thanks everyone and let's honor these fine, young men & coaches!

Mario Gabbato - Blaine RB

Had five games with over 300 yards rushing. Never held to less then 100 yards in a game despite being the primary threat for Blaine. Scored 7 tds in one game and 6 in two other games.

One kid that stood out for me is Taylor Witman from Lynden High School. He was a first team all state player last year and I think he is even better this year. He has started since his Sophomore year winning two state championships. Watching this kid is really impressive as he blows kids off the line, pulls very well, and can pass pro like a natural tackle. I believe he should be nominated again. He current has offers from a few d2 school at least that I know of. Highlight Film: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNseaavJ4zU

His counterpart at tackle is also very impressive (Matt Meyer) I think they are both all state caliber.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNseaavJ4zU

Isaac Anderson - RB - Prosser
1400+ AP Yards / 9.2 yp carry
20 Catches / 19.5 yp catch
25 TDs (Rushing, Receiving, Returning)
One of the, if not the best RB in the CWAC over the last 3 years.

Ryan Fassler - QB - Prosser

2,655 yards
70% completion rate on 244 passes
29 TDs / 9 Ints (only 4 since week 5)
1st Team All-League CWAC

Caleb Garza RB Othello
, dominated the CWAC as a two year starter, over 3000 yards rushing and 36 touchdowns rushing, and thats only his rushing stats, also 2 time CWAC offensive MVP

Tyson Mollote DL Othello
has been unstoppable as a defensive end, anchoring the othello D line as a senior making it near impossible to run against them, also racked up double digit tackles against CWAC powerhouse, Ellensburg, imagine what he did against the easy teams, 2 time 1st team DL for the CWAC

Jordan Todd, RB, Interlake; Set single season rushing record for WA state. Enough said.

Taylor Witman, OL, Lynden; Dominating force for the lions on their line, 3 year starter. Helped Lynden to its 2009, and 2011 state championships.

Mario Gobbato, RB, Blaine; also deserves a mention, carrying a struggling Blaine team on his shoulders the entire season, and never rushed for less than 100 yards a game. Don't know of many other kids that can rush 40-50 times a game and still be solid.

Zach Vis, WR/DB, Lynden; an all around strong athlete, had 1227 yds and 14 tds. Lynden was full of good athletes this year, and he still found a way to stand out. Lockdown defensive back, delivered some of the hardest hits all year.

Josh Kraght, QB/DB, Lynden; led his team to another state championship, and played well at corner the entire year. This nomination would be more for corner than QB, but wouldn't be that far fetched to say that he deserved both. Threw for 2201 yds, and rushed for 601 more, with a total of 42 tds.

Santiago Lopez, K, Lynden; best kicker in the state. constant touchbacks on kickoffs, and makes most every extra point, no matter the pressure (Lynden vs. ATM), also kicked the perfect onside kick during the state game as well. If this kid doesn't get it, then i don't know who will.
This post was edited on 12/9 12:23 PM by innocentbystanderLL
This post was edited on 12/9 12:24 PM by innocentbystanderLL

from Archbishop Murphy

Sam Shober LB/DL - 135 tackles ? 16 for loss ? and 7 sacks. 2011 Seattle Times Star Times selection. 2011 Everett Herald All-Area 1st team defense.

Connor Kruse, QB/LB - All-purpose player led Murphy to 2nd straight state championship game, 2011 Everett Herald All-area, 2nd team

Christian Melton Linebacker Lakewood- Cascade Conference defensive Mvp...2 time 1st team all league backer....snubbed from ap team for some reason.

ADVERTISEMENT