ADVERTISEMENT

NWC Outlook

football_fever3

Sep 23, 2006
Going to be an interesting season up in the NWC. Curious what people are thinking leading up to next week's regular season opener.

Questions to be answered have to be:

How good can Sedro be after a state title, and returning a bunch of pieces?
How will Lynden respond returning Sommers but losing Sterk and Postma?
Can BE get back to their past winning ways?
How good can Sehome and Squalicum be returning lots of parts, and gaining lots of traction last season?
ETC ...

Should be fun to see it all play out.

Going to be an interesting season up in the NWC. Curious what people are thinking leading up to next week's regular season opener.

Questions to be answered have to be:

How good can Sedro be after a state title, and returning a bunch of pieces?
How will Lynden respond returning Sommers but losing Sterk and Postma?
Can BE get back to their past winning ways?
How good can Sehome and Squalicum be returning lots of parts, and gaining lots of traction last season?
ETC ...

Should be fun to see it all play out.

I think the 2A title comes down to Lynden vs. SW. Squally has some talent with really good receivers. Everyone else will be looking up to those 3 come playoff time.

I would agree with that. I am very interested to see Squally. They always have the athletes to compete with Lynden/SW/Fern, but the teams mentality has been what keeps them back. A couple things go wrong, and they seem to quit on each other right away. If that mentality changes, and I think it did a bit last year, we could see the Storm really become a year in / year out contender.

What has happened in Burlington? Seems like since Coach Shearer left, they have been going backwards. Again, a school with all sorts of bodies and talent, but can never seem to put it all together.

I would agree with that. I am very interested to see Squally. They always have the athletes to compete with Lynden/SW/Fern, but the teams mentality has been what keeps them back. A couple things go wrong, and they seem to quit on each other right away. If that mentality changes, and I think it did a bit last year, we could see the Storm really become a year in / year out contender.

What has happened in Burlington? Seems like since Coach Shearer left, they have been going backwards. Again, a school with all sorts of bodies and talent, but can never seem to put it all together.
BE did make it to the quarters last year and then got thumped by Sedro.

Hey Smallpox ... where are you headed tonight for Week 1 action? If I can get off work on time, im going to try and head down to Shoreline and take in the Lynden vs Kings game. If I am not mistaken, Kings will be starting 3rd year starter at QB, returning a good running back, and have heard rumors that some athletes transferred from ATM to play for the Knights. Either way, Kings is a good program, going against a Lynden team that has quite a few holes they are filling from last year. Could be a great game.

Hey Smallpox ... where are you headed tonight for Week 1 action? If I can get off work on time, im going to try and head down to Shoreline and take in the Lynden vs Kings game. If I am not mistaken, Kings will be starting 3rd year starter at QB, returning a good running back, and have heard rumors that some athletes transferred from ATM to play for the Knights. Either way, Kings is a good program, going against a Lynden team that has quite a few holes they are filling from last year. Could be a great game.
I am heading to my living room to watch the Huskies and Boise St. I would love to go the Lynden game, but I can't justify the drive this early in the season. Kings has a beautiful field, too. I think Lynden wins this game, but it may be close.

I couldn't find any other game to go to that made sense. I wouldn't mind seeing the Sedro - MB game, but it is at Sedro. I also wouldn't mind seeing Meridian, too....

ADVERTISEMENT