6. LW-Observer 29
6. Little_Lion_Man 29
6. borderite2000 29
6. Football_Fever3 29
11. Rainmaker2112 28
12. Runhardrunfree 24
13. shs2209 17
14. LTWG&G 9

And of course, here are the matchups for week 7. As always, lets have picks in by Friday at 6:30 or 7pm.

Friday Harbor @ Mt. Baker
Bellingham @ Ferndale
Sedro Woolley @ Anacortes
Meridian @ Blaine
Lynden Christian @ Nooksack
GOTW Squalicum @ Sehome
GOTW Lynden @ Burlington

Mt. Baker
Ferndale
Sedro Woolley
Blaine
Nooksack
Sehome (Not sure why, but guess I don't trust Squalicum. Hopefully Sehome has improved since Meridian/Nooksack)
Lynden (Won't be competitive. I'm worried B-E may run the table on losses rest of year if D doesn't turn things around. If you hold them under 30 you win. Lynden definately will and I think Squalicum & Sedro can as well. Hope I'm wrong. Wish I traveled to JV games because I'd love to see Mondays match up between Lynden & B-E. should be good if you can make it.)

MB..........sure to be a smash mouth affair.
Ferndale.....If they just had a passing game, they would be a playoff nightmare!
SW.....Keeps their post season hopes alive.....Anacortes is getting better, just missing too many parts.
Blaine...But it won't surprise me if Meridian finds a way to win this one.
NV...Wow 50/50 game...some of these 1A games are tough! (thanks FEVER for throwing a curve ball into the mix)
SQ.......This could be a wild one.....SQ may have its best team in school history, but Sehome has some scary playmakers.
Lynden....Tough team for BE to see after a loss.

Baker OVER Friday Harbor: Friday Harbor has surprised some this season. They seem to be a hard nosed, run the ball down your throat type of football team. So is Baker, and they have been doing it with success for much longer. I think the Mounties tire out Harbor for the victory.

Ferndale OVER Bellingham: One word about this matchup, Ouch!

Sedro OVER Anacortes: The Seahawks continue to put points on the board. Sedro has some good athletes with speed, and a decent line. The key to stopping a Wing-T, is disciplined defense. I dont see Anacortes being able to do so, and if they find a way to, I don't see them putting up enough points to win.

Blaine OVER Meridian: Blaine continues to play its game, running the ball a ton. As always, teams will not shut down Mario Gobbato, but how often the Borderites turn the ball over, tends to be the final word on whether or not they get a W. On the flip side, it seams as if Meridian struggles against teams with good offenses. Blaine wins this one in the 4th as Mario breaks a long one for the lead.

Nooksack OVER LC: Pioneers will respond after a rough loss to Meridian by playing a much more beatable LC. The Lyncs will score some points, but they are yet to play a team who wants to throw the ball as much as Nooksack does.

Sehome OVER Squalicum: The Storm has a great record thus far, but outside of Ferndale, has played an incredibly easy schedule. Meanwhile, Sehome played Ferndale much tougher, played Lynden well, and beat Burlington. Most importantly, I may have been wrong last week, and think last week's victory over BE will get the Sehome players to believe that they are a good football team.

Lynden OVER Burlington: I may be a bit off on these stats, but not by much. Since the Kings game week one, the Lions have punted the ball only twice, and their starting defense has not given up a single point. This is now week 7. Let me do the math for you. Five weeks of football, two times punting the ball away, and zero points given up by the starters.

Mt. Baker

Ferndale - tough stretch for Bellingham...

Sedro Woolley - the Bellingham-Anacortes game next week will be a tough one to pick...

Blaine - could be wrong here, but going with the gut...

Nooksack - LC is better than last year, but still pretty bad...

Sehome - Finally pieced it all together in a huge win for the program last week. If they can limit their turnovers, I think they are the better team here.

Lynden - I'm expecting big games from Lynden's names in the first game since Kings may actually test them.

Friday Harbor in an upset
Ferndale
Sedro Woolley
Blaine
Nooksack
GOTW Squalicum
GOTW Lynden

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT