ADVERTISEMENT

**NWC Pick'Em 2012** Standings and Week 8 Picks

J

jmlove17

Nobody thinks we're going to win

This is prime time for Andy Kennedy's squad to inexplicably play a perfect game. Let's go Rebs.

Well, it sure looks like fall has finally decided to catch up with football season. Here are the updated standings. Be sure to let me know if you think I added something up wrong, and I will check on it

1. Smallpox 42
2. Scorebooks 40
2. innoncentbystanderLL 40
4. believeinone 38
4. LW-Observer 38
4. borderite2000 38
7. BE Fan 37
8. NWC FFballfan 36
8. Little_Lion_Man 36
8. Football_Fever3 36
8. Rainmaker2112 36
12. Runhardrunfree 33
13. shs2209 17
14. LTWG&G 9

And of course, this week's matchups. I am going to have to put in TWO GOTW's again I think. Have a fun week, and stay dry on Friday night!

**Be sure to have picks in by Friday at 4:30, as there is a 5pm game at Civic**

Burlington @ Squalicum
Sehome @ Sedro
Lynden Christian @ Meridian
Nooksack @ Friday Harbor
Mt. Baker @ Blaine
GOTW Anacortes @ Bellingham
GOTW Ferndale @ Lynden

Re: Nobody thinks we're going to win

It will be closer than people think!

We are #The Network!

Rebs win. Lock the gates and look for a fight.

Well, not off to a great start. 5 white Mormons are kicking our ass. Time to put it in gear.

A lot of that is BYU having the star power, and how they have played over the last ten games or so. We have been cold and playing poorly, while they are hot and have a win at Gonzaga.

Interesting final two weeks for B-E, Squalicum, Sehome & Sedro. Four teams fightng for 3 remaining birth and seeding. Each can finish as high as 2nd or as low as outside looking in.

B-E.....I view this as a toss up, so going with my heart.
Sedro....Another toss up
Meridian
Nooksack
Mt. Baker
Bellingham
Ferndale...I would love to see this game, another toss up, but think I have better chance to move up standings with this pick

Paying the price for starting lateand missing weeks 1 & 2 but just trying to not be last

Burlington
Sedro
Meridian
Nooksack
Mt. Baker
Bellingham
Lynden

2A Standings
Lynden 5-0
SQ 4-0
Sehome-BE-SW-2-2

SQ can do no worst than 3 since they hold tie-breaker over both SW & Seh.
SQ could still get No. 1 with wins over BE & Lyn (2 tough games)

I see it as 3 teams (BE, SW & Seh) fighting for 2 remaining berths.

I read in the Bellingham Herald that the Ferndale-Lynden game counts for seeding in the playoffs. If that is true, then Squally lost to Ferndale and is 4-1. That leaves Lynden having to win 1 of the last 2 (tough games) to sew up 1st.

Quote: "Ferndale league game is always a great rivalry," Kramme said. "It's a
little more meaningful this year because it will affect our playoff
status if we don't win."

Read more here: http://www.bellinghamherald.com/2012/10/13/2727188/kraght-leads-lynden-to-road-win.html#storylink=cpy"

This post was edited on 10/16 8:42 PM by Smallpox

http://www.bellinghamherald.com/2012/10/13/2727188/kraght-leads-lynden-to-road-win.html

Squalicum
Sehome
Meridian
Nooksack
Mt. Baker
Bellingham
Ferndale

Wow a lot a playoff type games this week, and the weather issue will effect things also, going to be a interesting week.

Almost all very close matchups slated this weekend... The only game that has been unanimously picked so far has been Meridian vs. LC. I'm assuming that the GOTWs stand for game of the weak and game of the week, respectively...

Alright - now to pick...

Burlington - I think they're a good team, and I haven't seen Squalicum yet, but I think BE can pull this one out.
Sehome - I keep picking them and they keep losing (except when I picked Burlington, of course...), but I'm sticking with it.
Meridian
Friday Harbor - haven't seen either, but I'm starting to base picks on games I think may be close by my place in the standings...
Blaine - everybody's picking Baker, so...
Anacortes - both teams are terrible. I think Bellingham is slightly better, but staying with the theme above...
Lynden - at home, hope it's an exciting game! If you can't make it, it's looking like it's going to be televised on Q13 Fox!

Warrant, I agree, I could have easily put Blaine/Baker as the other GOTW. I just couldnt help myself in putting up the top two teams in the NWC, as well as the last two teams in the NWC.

This might be the wrong place to ask this, but how does Lynden stack up compared to last year's team?

Wow this is gonna be a tough week.....But here goes

Burlington
Sehome
Meridian
Friday Harbor
Baker
Bellingham
Lynden

Burlington OVER Squalicum: BE is more physical than I thought they were going to be. Can the Storm answer?

Sehome OVER Sedro: Amidst letting me down last week, I still feel Sehome is a lot better than their record.

Meridian OVER LC: Yikes, not going to be close

Friday Harbor OVER Nooksack: Friday Harbor is going to pound the football, play the clock managment game, and hope for turnovers against a Nooksack team that likes to throw the ball all over the field.

Mt Baker OVER Blaine: Baker is bigger and more physical, the game is in Deming, and they have a better defense than the Borderites.

Bellingham OVER Anacortes: In the battle of the bottom, I think Bellingham's physical running back carries the load, against an Anacortes team that has a tough time making adjustments.

Lynden OVER Ferndale: Lynden finds ways to win when the game it close, even in the rain. Will be close, but Ferndale's defense can't find a way to make a few plays late in the game to get off the field.

Actually, Blaine is bigger and the game is at Blaine. It's hard to argue with your pick. Mount Baker looks pretty tough. I hope you're wrong on this one Fever.

ADVERTISEMENT