ADVERTISEMENT

Oakville???

chinookfan72

Oct 21, 2003
why are they ranked? They can't even participate in the b-8 playoffs so why rank them? Anyway shouldn't they be one of the best b-8 schools since they have too many kids at there school to play? I say if Oakville is so good why don't they move back up where they are supposed to be??

Oakville has 16 to 17 players suited up to play. The count at wiaa say's they have over 100 student's. They have just over 80. wiaa denies every appeal Oakville tries to get. This year's appeal was denied because they would probably fit into the new c class next season. If you look back they have had seasons when they only had 10-12 kids playing.They have tried bumping up in the past and had to drop the program entirely for a while. One year they did not finish the season because of not enough number's to play 11 man football.The player's they have now work hard, play hard.The coach has done what he thought was best just to keep the football program alive. So don't rank them... Don't let them be on all league team's... It is after all the only recognition they get for the hard work they do at practice everyday. There are reason's for them not to bump up. Somebody will find lot's more for them to have bumped up. But they still get to play. When I started watching them they would get 45'd every Friday night.Then slowly they started getting a few commited player's, started winning a few games, and getting ranked. I don't see what that hurt's.

Oakville is doing the right thing by staying in 8-man football. With under 20 kids out it is very difficult to play in an 11 man league and be competitive. Let them be ranked, let their kids be on the all league team and be recognized if they qualify. Oakville needs to keep their football program going, so lets leave them alone. When they consistently get 28 kids out for football then we can kick them up to 11 man.
They have a great bunch of young men and some coach's that care. Oakville played Crescent last Saturday. Let me say this,"they play hard, are good sports and I didn't see one cheap shot at anytime during the game." Both teams ate a meal together after the game and had a good time. I think they are doing what's best for their kids.
Not being able to make the playoffs is punishment enough. Their kids keep coming to practice every day, let them get some recognition for their hard work. Keep the program alive!

This post was edited on 9/21 5:16 PM by Gary Kautzif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}
This post was edited on 9/21 5:17 PM by Gary Kautzif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

its not the size of the team that determinds what league you are in its the size of the school, I was on a state championship team in the 1A league and we had 26 kids on the team so I know 20 kids can be succesful. Last time I checked you only need 11 to play 11 man football right? Anyway I don't know why I am aruging because my point was that Oakville shouldn't be ranked if they can't make the post-season you say give them credit, but I say giving them credit is taking credit away from an actual 8 man football school that needs the credit just as much.

I have to agree with chinookfan72 in this matter. If you are not eligible for playoffs because you are over the WIAA count, you should not be allowed to be on any all league or all state teams. There were yrs when Entiat & Pateros were not eligible because of the same problem, they were forced to go to 11 man a few yrs ago against there will.

ADVERTISEMENT