ADVERTISEMENT

official Mid-Valley awards???

All the ADs and coaches know. Wonder why they haven't announced it yet.
Interesting in the Yakima Herald-Republic today they referred to Ms. Standish as the MVL MVP.....but nothing about the guys. hmmmmmmm

Boys:
Coach of the Year: Eric Davis (ellensburg)
Player of the Year: Greg Johnson (ellensburg)

1st Team
Severin (hanford)
Bagalka (hanford)
Crawford (prosser)
Gordon (ellensburg)
Brink (selah)

2nd Team
Wagar (w.v.)
Simmons (sunnyside)
Juarez (w.v.)
Lochrie (prosser)
Gray (ellensburg)

Honorable Mention
Smiscon, (wapato)
Coleman (sunnyside)
Harris (wapato)
Moore (prosser)
Baysinger (sunnyside)
Curry (hanford)
Zeutenhorst (selah)

Girls
Coach of the Year: Evan Woodward (hanford)
Player of the Year: Kayla Standish (ellensburg)

1st Team
C. Murillo (w.v.)
Chandler (ellensburg)
DePeel (hanford)
Raap (prosser)
Spini (sunnyside)

2nd Team
Brown (prosser)
Adams (wapato)
Valdez (selah)
Sharon (ellensburg)
Akers (hanford)
Thomas (w.v.)

Honorable Mention
Hawkins (w.v.)
Smart (w.v.)
Skinner (hanford)
B. Murillo (w.v.)
Urrutia (sunnyside)
Quick (hanford)

Information from the Daily Record (ellensburg newspaper)

Very strong 1st team. Wonder if they will get to play together in the Media Classic?

How Reliable is this? Is this official?

Davis coach of the year! since he made it out to state, every other coach should get something for just coaching in that league this year!

I hope not because the best coaching job by far was Urrutia. Eight Sophomores who played on a mediocre freshman team last year to finishing 3rd. E-burgs coach would be the runner-up in my book. He did a great job, but nothing like SS.

Your criticizing the Ellensburg Daily Record? They never get anything wrong (total sarcasim if you couldn't tell) Lets just say if you have ever seen the E-burg team its kinda hard to get Kayla Standish and Becca Sharon mixed up, there is like a 1 foot different in height there and the Daily Record screwed that up last year in a picture, but i think there is a new Sports writer this year so who knows. I never saw anything about MVL All-league honors in the Yakima paper which was strange to me, i figured they would have an article before the e-burg paper would.

I agree, take nothing away from Mr. Davis and sometimes the teams that win the most get the most pub, but I think Urratia should have gotten it, they werent suppose to do squat this year, and took 3rd ! Just an opinion.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT