ADVERTISEMENT

Oh my... Woodinville scores 60 runs...

Wolfreak

Jul 13, 2001
...against another Kingco team in a game played March 21, just happened upon it at the Woodinville FP teams' web site (link below). I thought it was a joke at first, but we're not close enough to April 1!

Looks like Coach Weir made sure everything possible, and then some, was done to keep this thing somehow remotely respectable and within the 10-run mercy rule...yikes!

I won't mention the opponent here. Go find out yourself...

Woodinville Falcons Fastpitch

Craig Smith did a great job in deploring the event, and envisioning future changing of rules.

But-- why is this game so "shhhhhh...hush...quiet...don't talk about it"? I see the Times, and most other reporting sites, still don't (or won't?) list the score. It happened... let the two teams deal with it and move on.

Well I'm not going to hush it. Thanks for posting here Andy. I would have eventually done the digging, but I don't know when I would have gotten around it. As far as guessing the opponent, it would have to be a Seattle team. I don't know what the deal is with Seattle fastpitch. Its pretty much surrounded on four sides by decent to great competition, but they've always been several steps behind.

There was a follow-up meeting yesterday. Many leagues are already using the 15 run margin after three innings rule.

If teams and players can't take getting hammered then they shouldn't be playing a sport. Grow up. I can't recal how many players from the Texas Rangers went and cried to mommy after the Padres 24-7 victory over them a few days ago.

Sports with a mercy rule are pathetic. I say slam them, maybe they'll play better next time.

There is a difference between high school players, who are just learning the game, and baseball players, who presumably know the game and are paid millions to play.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT