ADVERTISEMENT

Omak and the CTL are coming!!

pioneer dad

Dec 3, 2005
Omak made the top 5 at the dome for the first time with 6 wrestlers taking medals home and two state champs! Walter @ 145 and Green at 215 were flawless in their mission to the top. Omak will return 4 state vets next year and should be able to challenge for some hardware as a team. I just want to note how classy our league (CTL) is. I saw coaches and parents from Chelan, Cashmere, and Tonasket rooting for Omak kids in the finals and of course Omak was rooting for their kids as well. Its really great when these teams can compete so hard during the season and rally around each other at the dome. Congratulations to all the wrestlers of the CTL and a special congrats to the Pooch-man for getting the job done this weekend, I knew you could do it and obviously so did you!

wait so u didn't see anyone from lr rooting for u guys and vice versa?

Sorry LR, I didnt mean to leave you out. Yes Omak fans definately were cheering LR on and visa versa; I especially enjoyed watching Bowman win his title in a re-match of the regional finals with Baldwin. The CTL is definately a tight group overall. I should also mention Liberty Bell, Oroville, and Republic. When it gets right down to it, these kids get to know each other starting with peewee wrestling all the way to the big show and us parents get to know the kids, coaches, and parents from other schools as well. Some of my favorite memories; I remember watching the Quincy coaches hug my oldest son after he beat THEIR WRESTLER in the state finals 3 years ago. I watched Cashmeres Dan Worley (2006 state champ @ 215) who had numerous tough matches with Darrick Green hold him high in the air this year when Green took the state title and Worley appeared just as excited as when he won his own title. You just can't fake that kind of sportsmanship! Sure there are some stiff rivalries and sometimes they can get heated bit I think for the most part, our area is one big class act.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT