ADVERTISEMENT

Onalaska Cross Country Meet

Rockranger

Sep 13, 2008
Ony, Indian Runners Shine in Huge Meet

The staff, coaches and volunteers at Onalaska produced a school record sized cross country meet behind Onalaska Middle School on Thursday. The meet featured 110 boys and 54 girls running 5000 meters. Northwest Christian of Lacey with the top three finishers won the boys and squeaked out the top team score in girls race followed closely by Onalaska and White Pass. Toledo was 4th in the boys competition, but the Toledo girls had just 4 runners making them ineligible for team competition.
It was a coming out party for two Logger runners as Frank Krause proved himself to be an elite runner at this level finishing 6th overall. “My goal was to place in the top 5 or beat Ethan” (Perry of White Pass who placed 7th, 3 seconds behind him). said Krause. He is barely into his first year of running, turning out for track last spring and now finding his name as a Logger harrier. “We are all beginners” he said of the young Logger team who placed 6th in the team competition behind Toledo‘s 4th. “We are hoping that we can all bunch up by district and slip into state”
Ronnie Neumann of Toledo placed 14th in the race while Onalaska’s Mark Bennet placed 34th and Austin Hunt was 35th.
On the girls side, Onalaska’s Megan Wrzesinski placed 6th while Emily Simons placed 8th. Kayla Johnson was 14th, Christina Smith finished 20th and Freshman Emily Sanders placed 30th. In all, the top five Logger runners scored 55 points and tied with White Pass. It came down to their 6th runner, Kara Morris who finished 33rd and more importantly, before the 6th White Pass runner.
“We are planning on state this year” said a calm and confident Megan Wrzesinski. “Kayla has really improved and Christina is new this year”. Megan is a veteran of the Onalaska Cross Country program with 5 years experience. “Hopefully I can make it to state again and maybe be on the podium” she said.
Toledo’s top girl was Freshman Jenny Martin who placed 17th overall.

Forks Runners did really good in that meet i think they got second as a team (boys) and the girls also did really well

ADVERTISEMENT