ADVERTISEMENT

Power shift in 1B? Your thoughts....

SmithSports

Jan 29, 2003
Let me start by saying that this IS NOT TO INSULT OR ANGER ANYONE OR ANY PROGRAM IN THE STATE!!

Thank you -- now, back to our story.

With St. John-Endicott's loss to LaCrosse-Washtucna, there is A POSSIBILITY that the 1-2-3 ranked 1B teams in the WashingtonPreps poll could be ACH, Odessa, Pateros, when the whole thing shakes out Monday. Columbia-Hunters lost a close one (46-44) to Pateros, so there is a good chance the Lions will remain in the top 10.

Right now, there are 4 teams from the Northeast-1B League in the poll, 2 from the Southeast-1B. My question is this, gentle readers -- after four years of amazing dominance by LaCrosse-Washtucna (a dynasty if you've ever seen one, no doubt), has there been a shift in the power base of 8-man football from Southeast-1B to Northeast-1B?

Thoughts? Opinions? Ham and cheese on sourdough with mustard? What does everyone think?

Maybe, to some extent. I would say the State across the board is on more even ground now that L-W's dominance is over. I would say that one would have to wait for the playoffs to come around for that "shift" can officially take place. I have a feeling that there will be a few surprises that people don't see coming. Power shift in the polls for now, yes, for sure. Overall we have to wait and see if the polls will hold true through playoffs.

I dont think so.............

Touchet squeeks into the playoffs and then thumps #1 ACH in the first round of the playoffs.

ADVERTISEMENT