ADVERTISEMENT

Prairie Girls Open Season With a Bang

HockSports

Jun 5, 2007
Monday, the Prairie girls opened their season with a match against Skyview of Vancouver... this was previously a big rivalry but it has since cooled.. Prairie went up big, leading 43-23 at halftime. Never looked back, 84-50 was the final score. 5'6 Senior guard Angela Gelhar and 6'1 junior guard/wing Heather Corral both had 19, 5'9 sophomore guard/wing Jackie Lanz added 14.. Katie Swanson had 11, Aubrey Ward-El had 10 for Skyview.

Something has definitely been happening under the hood of the GSHL... Noticed that three players are gone from the Skyview roster that shouldn't be. Tori Conley switched to Evergreen and has been playing there. Nikki Bond is now playing at Battle Ground. Wonder if something is happening with the Coach... Haven't heard anything about where Macy Mukensnabl went or if she just decided to not play...

Missing from Prairie's roster also is 6'2 sophomore Emily Rowe who made an impressive freshman debut with the Falcons last year... haven't heard an explanation on what's up there either..

Back to the Falcons, they got their second win last night when they toppled the struggling Timberwolves of Heritage 74-24.

Heritage continues to recycle coaches in both the boys and girls program... can't find a fit.

Prairie plays next tomorrow night at home vs Lakes, who like Prairie made the 3A state tournament last year but failed to grab a trophy. Lakes is smaller, like Prairie, but has a lot of speed and should not be underestimated by the Falcons. Tough game lies ahead

I guess we will know a little more about Prairie after the game with Lakes but what I saw last night is a Prairie team that is much better than last year. It helps to have Corral back in the mix. I think Prairie could do a little more damage at state this year. But the season is just barely under way and alot of things can happen. They sure shot well against Skyview, 15 3 pointers.

What made Skyview a very competitive program was having the stability at the coaching position and now that that is gone, they are bound to slip a little. We know Prairie has had mucho stability at the coaching position.

Statewide, good to see your name on the boards!

By the way, I found out Emily Rowe transferred to St Mary's in Portland.
This post was edited on 12/9 5:34 PM by HockSports

Interesting on Rowe. Hopefully, she did it for education opportunities rather than basketball. Yeah, I am back to follow Prairie for another year. I will be at the combined 3A 4A tournament regardless of how Prairie does. That is really going to be a lot of fun.

Yeah from what I've heard Prairie isn't exactly the best academic school around these days... Tournament's gonna be fun!

well, one question was answered, Prairie must be a pretty good team. Lakes was not suppose to be a slouch.

I wasn't at the game, but it sounds like Prairie did well. I'm glad Heather is doing so well on the scoring front. She had it in her to be a consistent double digit scorer

ADVERTISEMENT