ADVERTISEMENT

Prairie Runs Away from Jesuit in Season Opener 62-40

wasports

Jan 7, 2011
Here is the link to the Columbian article.
New coach Smith and starts off 1-0.

http://m.columbian.com/news/2012/nov/28/prairie-girls-pick-up-right-where-they-left-off/

Falcons now 2-0 after beating the Camas papermakers by 20 or so on Friday night.
Next up will be a couple of 2A Teams, Something definitely new to the Falcons schedule.

It's too early to tell if it's just the talent of the girls or if Mike Smitty actually knows what he's doing too.... the youth program is still looking strong from what I see and am told, so perhaps Prairie can still remain a superpower for years to come.

Really pulling for Smith, despite my doubts.

Falcons really could use Lanz in the mix too this year, definitely sad she had to transfer.

WaSports, do you know anywhere online that has the Falcons' roster? I won't get to see them play for another week and I was curious to see them on paper beforehand

No. PHS hasn't posted it. Based on the first 2 games, the varsity is SR's Woodward, Lindsley, Deaton. JR Geocke, Soph's Asplind, Sorenson, Peters, Phares, Cole, Freshman Konig and Doughtery. The freshman are talented, complementing the 3 or 4 upperclassmen with State tournament experience. Small line up with Deaton and Peters playing post a under 6' . A team with a lot of speed. Will have to figure out a way to rebound with the loss of Corral and Lanz.

This post was edited on 12/3 2:36 PM by wasports

Falcons win a squeaker against a very good Mark Morris team at the buzzer 71-70

Prairie 4-0 after defeating a Battle Ground team Classified as being in a rebuilding era.

The Falcons send a big WF West team back north with their first loss of the season.
Both teams came into this game ranked #2 in the State in their respective divisions.

Got to watch that.... finally!

Prairie looked good. Defensively, I'm not too scared for next year.... offensively, however, I'm a little nervous. The three seniors are really all there was last night in terms of offensive ammunition. Hopefully Prairie can reload with some all-star freshmen next year, yeah? And also, the team is VERY young right now, those young girls have time to step up.

Regardless, I am a little nervous for next year's team.

I have to agree. Woodward and Lindsley are the catalyst of the offense at this point You will see the younger players step up As the season progresses. Many times when you have such a dominant player on the team, many of the players, especially the younger players will ride on the back of that upperclassman. I think we saw that with the Corral girls at times as well. The talent is there , lets just hope they get the confidence to step up and continue to improve.

And now 6-0 after the Kelso schalacking.

This post was edited on 12/12 7:15 AM by wasports

Falcons improve to 7-0 by thumping the Thunder 66-40.
Size will test the speed on Friday when the Falcons travel to the U of U to play the BluTigPlainPaperTons

I see Union has former Falcon Emily Rowe.... that will be interesting... she was good for the Falcons, then switched to... St Mary's, was it? Now at Union.... pick a school already, Emily! :p

On another interesting note, Al Aldridge seems to be struggling so far with his team. Clark Lady Penguins have started off 1-5. Granted, he only has four sophomores and really did not have much time to recruit. Nevertheless, an unexpected start from Aldridge's team. I figured they'd make at least .500

Speed wins! The Falcons are now 8-0 Following the lopsided victory over the U of U.

Megan Lindsley's injury was unfortunate in the game for the Falcons, but at the same time, I think some good came out of it for Prairie. I am a little less nervous about Prairie for next year... it really looks like the junior Nicole Goecke and sophomore Lindsay Asplund have offensive firepower.... seems like they are just a little overshadowed by Woodward and Lindsley.

Goecke and Asplund really stepped up for the Falcons last night.

This post was edited on 12/15 2:48 PM by HockSports

Ahh, glad to see Sitton is coming out! Sittons have made a huge run at Prairie.... I remember Breanne being 6'4" and I think Andrea was 6'2"? Jenna was pretty tall too if I remember correctly.

Good little commentary there. Here's to hoping Smith can keep this program going. I admit, I was a doubter when I first saw his name in the paper as the new Falcons coach. Hopefully he continues to prove me wrong.

The Cushings, The Corrals, The Sittons There are quite a few members of these families that have had a huge impact on Prairie basketball. I am glad we will see another one again. I wonder how much basketball experience she has.

Although I heard that there was some team tension with Jackie Lanz, I still would love to know why she transferred. St. Mary's was 3-3 the last time I checked and probably is not poised to compete with the top teams in Portland.

Like you Hock, I am surprised at Prairie so far with Smith as the new coach but have doubts that they can keep it going. After seeing that three girls had transferred to Union for their senior season from three different high schools, I was just certain that Prairie would not be able to hang with them. Wrong again.

Aldridge is having a tough go so far at Clark, not unlike his last go round with the next level. This time he won't be coming back.

Good luck Falcons...............I would be happy with one more dominant state run!

Still one more Corral to go, too. Statewide, Ali's gotta be in middle school by now, right?

I just remembered another sister act, The Gelhars. I am sure I am still missing another family or two. By the way, I decided to go watch St Mary's play Skyview this evening. I left at half time as Skyview was up big and the gym was very cold. All I can say is that I hope for Jackie Lanz's sake she has already nailed down her college scholarship because she is hardly going to be noticed on this team. If she was going to transfer, I think she might have been better off at Union or Skyview. The St Mary's girls did look kind of funny because their shorts were several inches short of what is the norm. They were all legs and kind of gangily running up and down the court.

Now I need to get out and see this new Falcon lead team.

and wouldn't you know it, I leave at the half and St Mary's not only comes back to make a game of it but wins 57-56.

I see Lanz only had 3pts. Did she see limited minutes or just very few touches? Surprised to see that as well, considering that SM was just a 500 team going into the Skyview game.

She played most of the game while I was there but you can tell something is different. It is like she is really trying to blend in to the players who have been there for several years. If she takes a shot and misses, she seems to seek forgiveness. I also noiticed that her defense was a little off but hey, why not, nobody else was playing team defense either. I guess it would be unfair to judge her by one game but I still think that her transfer to St Mary's was not a great choice but perhaps transferring to a private school allowed her to do so without her parents having to jump through hoops.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT