ADVERTISEMENT

Prairie vs Juanita

HockSports

Jun 5, 2007
Matchups are set. Prairie will take on a #2 seed out of their respective district, Juanita (Kirkland). The team is 14-14, but boasts a tough schedule. Don't know much about them, but hoping the Falcons make it to the Dome. Just need to go 1-0.

Will be hard to deny the Falcons but Juanita is well coached and improved immensly as of late. The Falcons know their own strengths and if Juanita isn't prepared for what the Falcons will unleash, they will be sent home gasping. Close for 2-1/2, then the birds will fly away in this one.

I am hoping WaSports is correct on his prediction. You know what really surprised me is against Wilson and Prairie coming out of halftime and losing the third quarter. That just rarely happened with an Aldridge team. But back to Juanita, if they can't beat them I guess they probably don't belong in the final 8 because this really is a pretty good situation for the Falcons.

Well, Prairie Falcons did what I wanted and that is to just make it to Tacoma. I think that is a huge accomplishment for this team. I usually brim with confidence when it comes to Prairie at the state tournament but I am looking at the next round and I don't think Prairie is the favorite in any possible matchup drawn Sunday. So, go underdog Falcons!

and it's Bellevue and that is okay. I think it is better than Lynnwood who I think will win this year's tournament

I think we all agree that this Falcon team can be classified as over achievers. Only because of their age and physical size. Add the heart & determination to the style of play that this coaching staff encourages, and the Falcons are back in the dome.
They work hard. Period. They have become confident and are not afraid to play.
Imagine if this coaching staff would have directly followed Aldridge with the talent that they had 2 years ago!
We know the answer to that. Sorry Smitty, that year was wasted.
chairshot.r191677.gif

Just looking at Bellevue on paper, looks like a tall order. A good set of big guard/wing players. Their height could be a factor against the smaller Prairie team. Prairie's best chance is their ferocious press. They need to tire the team out. Sounds like Bellevue is deep but Prairie is gonna have to shoot lights out and kill the game with the press to have a fighting chance.

yeah, this is going to be a tough game for Prairie. I think most of the possible matches would have been tough too. They are really going to be needing some threes early and often. I don't think the press is going to work against Bellevue. To me a win would be great but just getting to Tacoma and maybe winning one in consolation would be great.

ADVERTISEMENT