ADVERTISEMENT

problems in pasco

EAGLE_POWER05

Feb 20, 2004
could someone please tell me what justifies this new rule in the qualifications to get to the pasco invite! this year each school is only allowed to enter ONE athlete from there respective event into the invite. well what if you have two people from the same school who more than qualify over some one from another school? why do they get penalized just for what school they go to!? for instance i know of a school that has two of the top 10 triple jumpers in the state but only one of them gets to participate!? that just dosent seem right to me. i and others have emailed john crawford the head of this track meet and he totally changed the subject to the state championship meet, and after writing him back he brushed us off with out an explination because he "had not the time or energy to debate the issue" i think more people need to address this issue to him although with the meet being next weekend i doubt theres a hole lot we can do for this year but next years another story!
This post was edited on 4/10 6:46 PM by EAGLE_POWER05if(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

It's John Crawford's meet. He gets to make the rules. The only person he has to justify it to is himself. Most coaches know that if they complain too much they will be "uninvited" to the meet or "invited" to compete somewhere else. Since most coaches hyperventilate at the mere THOUGHT of not being able to compete at the Pasco Invite, they aren't going to say much. I know that isn't what you wanted hear. Sorry. That's how it is.

The rule has always been for just one entry per event. They do allow for 2 entries if a school has 2 state placers in one event from the previous year's state meet. There is already to many heats for each race (In my opinion) so I understand why they can't have more competitors.

The problem is sadly that there are to many coaches who will lie about times/distances to get athletes entered. Thats the reason for the rule. And it has been one athlete per event since I competed in it in 1977.

Richland had two female hurdlers in the 110 hurdles. They both placed in the top 8 and had qualifying marks, which to my understanding is the state automatic times and distances to get into the state meet.

jcrawford.net
Pasco Invitational

Item 1 in Instructions to Coaches. Last sentence:"Exceptions will be considered and schools will be notified by meet management based on state performances."

ADVERTISEMENT