ADVERTISEMENT

Prosser throwers are looking pretty solid!!! any thoughts??

readytodie

Oct 18, 2005
this year returner chris shepard is looking pretty good with discus, nick long also a returner is a good jav thrower, and junior ryan anderson with his first year doing track is throwing a solid 42'9 1/2" in the first meet taking first place. Maybe a state contender???

He better kick it up a notch ot two, that distance doesn't even compete with the top B throwers.

Prosser is 3A not a little B school so our throwers wont even compete with any of yours.

No offense but i have to agree 42 feet wont get you anywhere in 3A. If u didnt know last years winner in shot and disc is returning. He threw 60' in shot and 195' in disc. Those are impressive marks!

I know Prosser is 3A, I grew up in Yakima. I guess I should have said
42-9 isn't going to get anywhere at district or state no matter what your classification. As far as being a "little B school" this is the one sport where you can't say "well the competiton is weak, their just B." A tape measure and a stop watch measure the same no matter how many kids go to your school. So maybe its good your throwers don't compete against ours. We have a soph. who has thrown 47'4" SP and 144'3" discus.FYI at the 3A level Korin Morris returns from Renton, he has thrown 60+ SP and 190+ discus.
This post was edited on 3/22 8:08 PM by pirate78if(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}
This post was edited on 3/22 8:10 PM by pirate78if(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}
This post was edited on 3/22 8:10 PM by pirate78if(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

the last track meet ryan threw 44'1"....if he keeps going up at the same pace as he has been going...then he will be up there with the best of them....plus he still has another year....and wheres this kid from that throws 60+ feet in shotput....and your right about this being the one sport that doesnt matter how many kids go to your school...but if you want to start saying that its good that we dont go against your B school then we can start playing football and then see what you are saying.

Renton, and I don't believe I was talking about football, this is the track board.I wouldn't have made the comment if the "little B school jab" hadn't been made. And since your enrollment 10-12 is 726 and ours is 110, I would hope you could best our football team. If he is a jr. throwing 44'1", I doubt he will be "with the best of them" even next year. Korion Morris threw over 60'shot and 196' discus as a junior. He is going to Arizona next fall. The young man I mentioned from our school threw 47'4" shot and 144'3" discus as a freshman.Distances are in John Sells 2005 track annual. Your young man could get a shot at competing against this "B" thrower at the Pasco Invite April 15th, I see that Prosser is on the team list, as are we. But he will have to throw 45'0" to qualify and they only take the top 50 entries.
This post was edited on 3/24 8:42 PM by pirate78if(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

48' is a vast improvement over 42', he will need to get well over 50' to place.Ayer-Sehome at 55'7" and 151', Gaston 48'3" Hanford and unless Morris gets hit by a bus he will win both shot and disc. 122 disc isn't going to get anywhere, needs to throw 145+ to medal.
This post was edited on 3/29 8:50 PM by pirate78if(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

well Anderson beats the kid from hanford by 3 inches, wheres the kid from that throws 55'7"?? the grandview invite should be interesting to see what Anderson throws...at the pace he has been at...theres no telling what he might throw.....ill keep you posted.and his disc throw was 128'8" not 122.

Kid from Sehome, Steven Ayer, threw 55'7". Sorry I thought it was 122', but he'll stil need to get over 145' to place. I'll keep you posted as much as I can on 3A throwers from the westside. Let me know what some of the B throwers, anyone throwing 48'+ or 140'+, are doing east of the mountains. I like to keep up on
the eastside, I grew up in Yakima.

Actually Shepherd from Prosser leads the Valley in the discus at 139-7, and Anderson is at 129-7, did not see any B throwers on the tri city herald honor roll!

Well we are on the west side, Drew Ege (soph) from Willapa Valley is tops in the B's at 137'00" disc and third in the shot at 44'7". Grant Miller(sr.) from Vancouver Christian is tops in the shot 48'10" and second in disc at 134'6". The only eastdide thrower I have come across in the B's is Travis Klicker from Desales 46'6" shot.
If you want some info from around the state go to the track cross country site, WaTFXC, Scott Spurill of the Yakima Hearld publishes a weekly newsletter that lists the top 25 in each event plus the leader in each class B -4A. You can get it for $20.00 and recieve it every tuesday via e-mail.

Here are the top throwers in 3A from last tuesdays WaTrack Weekly: shot- Morris Renton 57-3, Ayers Sehome 55-7, Wilske Cheney 53-8, Wardsworth E. Valley Spokane 51-0 Discus: Morris Renton 164-8, Wilske Cheney 155-10, Ayers Sehome 151-1, Jolly E. Valley Spokane 150-6, Hoffman Sehome 150-2

Its not a website, but weekly newsletter you can have e-mailed for $20.00. Contact Scott Spurill at the Yakima Herald Paper. Or go to the Washington Cross Country Track and Field Coaches Website, you can find an order form there.It has the top 25 for any class plus the leaders in each class, a great source of stats

ADVERTISEMENT