ADVERTISEMENT

Rotary vs FOH

binwatchin

Nov 4, 2004
Game between the top teams for Rotary and FOH, Saturday, May 7, Highline CC. 4pm.

Terrell Smith,Taylor Olson,Venoy Overton,Jordan Daisy,Anthony Gibbs et al

vs

Spencer Hawes,Jamelle McMillan,Michael Duty,DeAngelo Jones,Renado Parker and crew

It was ho-hum at best. The only "sparks" I saw were on the Rotary side, Terrell Smith and Venoy Overton, both sophomores. I was disappointed with the FOH team. The game was very close in the 1st half, but FOH pulled away in the second, mostly due to careless errors on Rotary's part. I was looking forward to seeing Jamelle McMillian and Michael Duty play - both from O'Dea and starters on the 4A state champ team and both played very limited minutes. I was confused on that one. It seemed to be a very "me" oriented team, but with Spencer Hawes and Renado Parker in the lineup they had plenty of height. I came away feeling disappointed and checked in with several young men who felt the same way. I don't think you missed much.

The real story.....

The only "Sparks"??? As a known Federal Way fan, who pumped Terrell Smith all year, of course you are going to say he was someone who caught your attention. But Venoy? I heard he played very bad, and was actually ejected from the game.

I heard Spencer Hawes killed them inside, Ernest Williams got loose from the wing, DeAngelo Jones Slashed from the wing, and that Isaiah Thomas had about 10 and 10.

Please come back and re-post your comments without the obvious bias that you have. People really want to know what really went on in that game.

You didn't even mention one of the biggest "Sparks" in the game, when your boy Terrell Smith got dunked on, on a 2-1 break.

So what did Venoy actually do in the game? Because I heard he played pretty bad, and I heard Terrell didn't really do too much either.

If FOH is so "ME" oriented, then shouldn't Rotary have won the game?

Re: The real story.....

I wonder who is giving you your information, since I know you aren't even here on this coast? Could it have been from a certain FOH player's family? At least I was AT the game. Venoy was ejected, after IT grabbed him around the neck...both acted childishly, but they are only sophomores. IT played fine, but definitely NOT 10 and 10. I have seen him play many times and I've seen him play much better than he did on Saturday. I've seen most of these kids play better than they did on Saturday. Whoever gave you your information forgot to mention Smith's outside shooting and blocks. I do not have family members playing on any team. I do live in Federal Way so support FW teams. I am totally impartial as to which team wins. It's hard to know what's going on from the East Coast though. Someone asked my opinion and I gave it.

I wonder why you continue to slam players? You not only talk bad about kids from other teams, but from the team your player is on as well. Both teams are made up of fine players who are only kids, I would never talk badly about any of them...I just alway wonder why you feel you have to?

I did pick up a schedule while I was at the game - if I get a chance I will copy and post here before the weekend. The FOH 2nd team had a great game going on on the opposite court during the Rotary vs FOH game. There was another game prior to this game that was very exciting as well. Lots of good play out there.

It was a good game for a while, but FOH is just too deep.
Rotary#2 gave Rotary#1 a good run yesterday.
And FOH#2 kept a tight game with FOH#1 until the 4th quarter.
Then FOH1 took over. Spencer Hawes is hard to stop.

Re: Outcast

We went 2-2, lost our first 2 (we beat ourselves) to Rotary and westside hoops. We beat Kingco4a and Total Package. The First 2 games the BCI sub rules killed us. I had to sub 11 guys 5 at a time every 5 minutes. My starters had leads on both teams we lost too. We were trailing Rotary by 25 to start the fourth quarter. I put my studs in and we put on a half trap and only lost by 5. 1 more minute and we would have had them.
Oh well, could of, should of, would of...
My second squad had a hard time the first day getting used to each other. On Sunday we adjusted our lineup and played real well.
New team, so it took us a couple games to get going.
Honestly, come playoff time we will be tough to deal with when i can sub as i like.
i am not making excuses, but we should be 4 and 0.
My guards played well and Shawn Wolter one of my big guys was dunking all over people and playing great "D". I wish you could see this kid.

What is your team's name and which school is Shawn from? I'd like to keep an eye out for him.

My team is "Outcasts", Shawn attens Sultan H.S.
We should have strong school team next year.

wait Shawn Wolter from Sultan high school. Is he Big now, i thought he moved to Alaska or something

He did mmove for a short time. But he has been back for about 2 years.
He is 6'4" and about 215. Big huge monkey hands and athletic as you can get. He has been unstoppable at the premier league. The 3 games we have lost he has still played good. He just needs to work on his man on man defense. He struggles at times with it. Hopefully he will do something with all that talent and he has not let it go to waste.

I heard that shawn had a conflict with the sultan coach and was kicked off the team. Is that true or just a rumor? If so is he going to be able to play next year?

IT IS TRUE, SHAWN AND THE COACH DO NOT SEE EYE TO EYE.
I AM TRYING TO WORK WITH SHAWN ON THIS.
I AM VERY SINCERE WHEN I SAY SHAWN IS D1 MATERIAL. HE JUST HAS TO DAEL WITH OFF COURT ISSUES.
WHEN HE AND R.J. ARE PLAYING WELL TOGETHER WE ARE A VERY TOUGH TEAM.
IF HE PLAYS NEXT YEAR I REALLU THINK WE HAVE A GOOD CHANCE AT STATE.

I have seen shawn play and was very impressed but isn't he supposed to be a Junior or Senior. I don't want to take anything away from him, as he is a great player but if he is older it gives him a huge advantage.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT