ADVERTISEMENT

Semi-Final Picks

Washington_sports

Sep 23, 2013
Man, we are down to the last 2 weeks and everything is looking a lot like last year's bracket.

Last week, everyone but me had a perfect 4 of 4 picks, which puts NWCfballfan in the lead with 12 and everyone else sitting with 11. Only two games to pick from this week. Tell us who you got going to the final show.

Tumwater (12-0) vs Sedro-Wooley (11-0) at Tacoma Dome
Lynden(11-1) vs Ellensburg (12-0) at Lions field, Moses Lake

Once again, I am throwing out a guess with a little logic mixed in. (possibly mixed logic too)
3dgrin.r191677.gif

Tumwater (12-0) vs Sedro-Wooley (11-1) at Tacoma Dome - Tumwater is on a roll that may not stop. Tumwater (28-7)

Lynden(11-1) vs Ellensburg (12-0) at Lions field, Moses Lake - hhmmm Perennial powerhouse Lynden again meeting Ellensburg in the Semifinals at the same field. Ellensburg has showed this year they can put points on the board and have only allowed on average 9 points a game as compared to Lynden's 21 points a game. but the east side of the state seems to have trouble playing good teams from the west side. I don't think it will be a blowout like last year, but somehow I think Lynden is going to end up playing Tumwater in the final game for a 3rd year in a row.

Sedro-Woolley vs Tumwater: I'm expecting a terrific game with these two locking horns. I like SW.

Lynden vs Ellensburg: Lynden

There is no doubt the NWC has been really good this year. How that plays out this weekend is yet to be determined. With that said, I predict a Sedro Vs. Lynden Final.

I've only seen Lynden and Tumwater play of these four teams, and boy could they play. My Hockinson team just doesn't see competition like that down south. There just aren't teams of that caliber down here, at least at 2A/1A level. Phenomenal team.

Despite the fact that I've only seen two teams play, I'm going to take a couple wild guesses.

Tumwater 31, Sedro-Woolley 14: Tumwater is dominant on both sides of the ball, and they are on another level physically. They pummeled 3A Columbia River 62-6 earlier this season and CRHS got to the 3A quarters. Not that that's always indicative of a better team, but I think Tumwater wins this one by double digits. Haven't seen Sedro play, so it's just a guess but oh boy, Tumwater is a beast of a team.

Lynden 35, Ellensburg 21: Don't know much about Ellensburg but Lynden's offense is wild. This is just a guess.

This post was edited on 11/26 12:05 PM by HockSports

I would not be shocked if Tumwater comes out on top against a very good Sedro-Woolley team. I do believe that common opponents gives us a better indicator of relative strength. Tumwater and Sedro-Woolley have both played Squalicum and W.F. West. Here are the scores:

Tumwater beat W.F. West.............56-21
Sedro Woolley beat W.F. West......41-0

Tumwater beat Squalicum..............59-33
Sedro-Woolley beat Squalicum.......30-7

Sedro-Woolley has the best defense in the best 2A Conference in the State. Tumwater is an offensive machine. Both schools have excellent coaching staffs. The stage won't be too big for either HC. Tumwater does bring more recent experience to the semi's and that could play into the game.

Wow, these two games could go either way but here's my guess.

Tumwater vs Sedro: Two great teams, Coach Ward is very familiar with Tumwaters style of play and he will have the Cubs ready to go. Sedro has a very tough defense but the question will be can they hold Tumwaters offense from getting the big play? My heart says they will and Sedro wins but my gut says Tumwater is a little more experienced in these big games and comes out with a close win. Tumwater 28 - Sedro 21

Lynden vs Ellensburg: Lynden seems to have another gear when it comes to playoff football. They have been playing extremely well the last few weeks on both sides of the ball. If the weather in Moses Lake doesn't play too big of a factor I like Lynden to move on. Lynden 35 - Ellensberg 14

ADVERTISEMENT