ADVERTISEMENT

Snohomish HS congrats to the 2008 4A baseball champs

OldCob

Feb 27, 2008
congratulations to the Panthers for a remarkable year. Coach Kim Hammons deserves a lot of credit for helping this team peak at the right time this year. Their pitching and hitting was stellar. Many D1 recruits and prospects on their team including; seniors - Derek Jones (WSU), Aaron West (UW) Ryan Leahy (Gonzaga) Tom Chandler (undecided) Ethan Hargrave (undecided) Juniors to watch - Brian Wolfe, Braden Allen, Bryant Robbins, Max Foster.

What are the chances mr Jones gets drafted? I heard that Brian Wolfe is the number one rated player in the class of 09 is this true?

no clue on Jones being drafted you'd have to find someone with ties to some pro scouts. I googled Brian Wolfe and he was ranked by BBNW in 2007 as #1 player and #6 in 2008 for his class of 2009. But you really have to take any and all rankings like these (Baseball America, Perfect gamne, etc) with a grain of salt. There are kids whose parents have deep pockets and will take them to multiple showcases around the country and their names start to pop up on rankings, then you have kids who just do their thing locally and don't get the exposure. Rankings like BBNW typically will rank kids who attend their events higher then players who don't. When I looked at the 2008 list for Wolfe, I found 3 of his teammates ranked in the top 50, the funny thing is 2 of them were benchwarmers, so how did they get in the top 50? Very odd... there is an old adage if you are a real player you will be found. Grady Sizemore (Cascade HS) never did the select summer baseball thing just played legion ball, and I think that worked out ok for him...

ADVERTISEMENT