ADVERTISEMENT

State-The new season

Its too bad either North Central or O’Dea will start the new season with a loss when both may be semi-final material. Its good for North Central though, not having been to State for 55 years. But we still want to bring back some hardwood!

Amen. The real thrill is just getting to State. Most people never experience that rush other than sitting in the stands. Hardware is magnificent, but the first night before the game has all of the emotions that you watch in the movies. Youth, exuberance, invincibility and the belief that you and your team mates might be holding a trophy aloft in 4 days is what dreams are made of. It's been 30 years since I played at State and I can recall game conversations and those emotions like they were yesterday. I am envious and excited for all of the Boys participating and I hope it is a wonderful experience for them all.

Nicely put, Flash. I've been on the bench in one of the coaches seats for many a state game, and there is nothing better than semi-final night. Here's hoping our locals (both b & g) will be well represented that evening.

ADVERTISEMENT