ADVERTISEMENT

Tragedy for Zillah Track/XC family

Postman231

Jul 24, 2001
Chelsea Garner, a 2005 graduate of ZHS died in a car accident Sunday morning. She was a great person - a really sweet girl - always with a smile. She ran track and cross country for Zillah and holds the school record in the 800m and competed at state in that event. She also was a leader on the state champion XC team of 2004. She will be greatly missed by all who knew her. May God comfort her family.
This post was edited on 10/13 5:10 PM by Postman231

Chelsea was one of the pillars that held up the team during their State Title Run in 2005. In so many ways, she is the reason we have such a powerful, positive program. She was one of the kindest souls I ever encountered. The entire community suffered a blow with her passing. May she rest in peace.

I never had the opportunity to meet Chelsea, but it sure sounds like she was a tremendous young lady who made a habit of spreading sunshine to all who had contact with her. I read her obituary today and it gave me the impression that she was so talented in so many ways. May God be with Chelsea's family and the Zillah community.

ADVERTISEMENT