ADVERTISEMENT

Upset of the Year 1A Regionals

yote2010

Mar 12, 2007
To me it looks like the toughest Regional is Naches, Cashmere, Meridian and Burbank. My oppinion is all 4 of these teams have been to this point. But I guess my real question is what does Burbank have and what kind of record do they have I didnt think they would be that tough this year my bad guess i was wrong. My upset of the year is the coyotes over the Bulldogs. Any thoughts???????????????????

I understand why you would say that the Moses Lake region is the toughest but I disagree. I think the Castle Rock region is the toughest based on how teams are playing right now and if they've been tested. You have Montesano who has been ranked #1 pretty much all year and was undefeated until a 3-2 loss at district to Woodland. Since the loss Monte has been a team possessed, plus they have the best pitcher in the state for at least one game. Mt. Baker just beat Meridian head-to-head and had the fortune of facing some of the best 2A teams in the state all season as part of their regular season league schedule.
Woodland just beat Monte and then went on to annhiliate Tenino. They're hot, well coached, currently torching the baseball and have two or three better than average pitchers. Whereas Naches, Cashmere and Meridian are all perennial powerhouses but seem to be down a bit this year/right now. (I'm taking Yakiman's word on Naches--of course what he had to say about the Rangers almost sounded as if he was trying to provide bulletin board material
wink.r191677.gif
) We'll see. I would love to be able to be in two spots at once because I think both of these regional tournaments will make for a great day of high school baseball.

Pretty impressive that 2 leagues have the final 4 reps. Obviously I am a Caribou Trail league guy but hats off to the Evergreen league. With all of the Westside 1A teams that's even more impressive to see 2 out of the Evergreen. Best of luck to all! We know 1 of each will be in the finals!

ADVERTISEMENT