ADVERTISEMENT

Week 7 Top 10 1A

RhinoFirefighter

Oct 2, 2006
I'm just going to go with Lem's this week. I would have switched Naches and Chimacum just to stay with what I've been doing, but really it's a coin flip.

Also, regardless of their record, Rochester still likely ends up in Yakima.

Lem's Top 10
1. Chimacum (19-1)
2. Naches Valley (19-1)
3. Cashmere (18-2)
4. Montesano (16-2)
5. Meridian (13-7)
6. Kalama (15-2)
7. Goldendale (15-3)
8. Rochester (14-5)
9. Freeman (13-5)
10. Toledo (12-6)

Solid 1 2 punch with capable pitchers as far as 4 or 5 deep. Solid lineup. Just watched them recently. If they hit the ball, the pitching is gonna give em a chance.

Don't count out Meridian. If they can avoid Chimacum's Regional bracket, they will be in Yakima. In my mind, it's Chimacum and Meridian from the West, and Naches Valley and Cashmere from the East.

Better use a pencil to write in cashmere, the ctl is very weak. They have not been challenged for weeks. Their pitching has been very dominant, but when teams (meridian, vashon and Wenatchee) did hit it cashmere booted the ball around!

gotta agree with Wazzu. I haven't watched many Cashmere games but I do know the Caribou Trail League was extremely weak this year. I am not sure how good the NEA league is this year but I agree the Bulldog defense might be suspect. Defending a title is hard but the silver lining is that I think there are only 1 or 2 seniors on the team? You know Naches will be tough and I believe Goldendale will be in the mix as well.

Naches lost to Burbank 10-9 in district semi's, will play Goldendale in loser out game sat. So one of the two won't be in the mix.

yes, 9-5, Connell will play Zillah in other loser out game, then winners will play tuesday for final spot to state.

What a crazy weekend, the 1, 2 & 4 ranked teams in the state all lost and I believe that Cashmere squeaked by with a couple 1 run wins.

BCS will give Cashmere a good game. Howie and Townsend are throwing again and were dominant in the win or go game in Districts.

http://www.bellinghamherald.com/2011/05/14/2015053/prep-baseball-trojans-win-second.html

I heard Cray left after 7 when it was tied 1-1. I don't think he gets the loss.

Cray lasted 7 and slesk went 8. Coach made a move in the second that almost coast meridian. Down to their 6th outfielder in left by the 5th inning. Weird? But it was a good game. Could have went either way.

ADVERTISEMENT