ADVERTISEMENT

Week 9 Picks - Last of the regular season

Washington_sports

Sep 23, 2013
Well I thought that there was going to be a lot of perfect picks last week, until Kings dropped the ball and Sultan took the #1 seed in Cascade league. Also, Meridian got a scar last week only beating Nooksack by 1 point. As we go into the last week of the season, most of the spots are for the crossovers are already settled, however there are a few spots to be had.

What do think will happen in the last week???
Meridian @ Mt. Baker – If Mt. Baker and Nooksack both with, would mean a 3 way tie for #1
Nooksack at LC – Winner gets to play Sultan next week, Loser out
Connell @ Wahluke – This is for #2 and #3 seed in SCAC east
Kibe @ Warden – Winner gets to play another week against Zillah, Loser out
Granger @ Naches - This is for #2 and #3 seed in SCAC west
Stevenson @ Columbia – Possible 3 way tie for Trico #2
Riverview @ Royal – going to be close:rolleyes:
Highland @ Goldendale – Someone will finally get a win.

Can we add Newport @ Deer Park. DP is most likely out of playoffs but I still think they are 2nd in NEA if not for questionably throwing ball over 30 times vs Lakeside and having starting qb out for Freeman. Gonna be a good game.

If Riverside beats Freeman and DP wins its a three way tie for third. Doubtful but never know.

Meridian
LC
Connell
KiBe
Granger
Columbia
Royal
Goldendale

Freeman is locked into the 3 seed, they have wins over DP and Lakeside.

Meridian
LC
Connell
KiBe
Granger
Columbia
Royal
Goldendale

Freeman is locked into the 3 seed, they have wins over DP and Lakeside.
Any of you Royal guys know the reason for the Connell forfeit against College Place? Posted not only on MaxPreps but also in the SCAC Conference ledger...

My understanding is use of an ineligible player. As long as they beat Wahluke this Friday they will still be the SCAC East #2, so it doesn't change much.

1. Meridian @ Mt. Baker – Meridian
    Nooksack at LC – Nooksack
    Connell @ Wahluke – Connell
    Kibe @ Warden – KB
    Granger @ Naches - Granger
    Stevenson @ Columbia – Stevenson
    Riverview @ Royal – Royal
    Highland @ Goldendale – Goldendale
I was told there could still be a three way tie in NEA but head to head should give to Freeman

Are Royal and Connell still a step above this year or could Colville or Okanogan take them down?

[Meridian
Nooksack
Wahluke
Warden
Naches
Stevenson
Royal
Highland

From my understanding, Connell played a transfer kid who had not gone through eligibility to be able to play at the varsity level. Word was there wasn't a chance for him to play varsity this year, figured he would play his year of JV and be ready for next year........... Oooops!

1AA, Connell and Royal are again top of the state, but we are seeing some valiant competitors. I'm not sure you will see the blowouts throughout the playoffs this year like we saw last year (closest game was 21 point spread (Royal/Colville)). Colville is back with a strong team this year and quite diverse in their offensive spreads with speed in the backfield. Undefeated Monte and Meridian are still top of the Westside. Okanagan is my wildcard. They have beat up teams on both sides of the state but it has been relatively weak schedule. They should play Granger in the first round, but I don't think they can stop the pass attack of Royal.

I am not sure if the paperwork on the Connell kid was transfer driven as I believe it was a backup freshmen. However I did hear it was just a paperwork issue that did not get finalized.

Last edited:
Also, I want everyone to know that we were all wrong picking Connell winning last week. :confused: I'll post stats for regular season next week. Currently most of us are 80%-85% correct

Anybody hear anything about the rumor that the kid in Connell may have played in a couple of other games? I know how rumors go, so I am just throwing this out there and checking............ I don't know anything, just something I heard.........

ADVERTISEMENT