ADVERTISEMENT

West Valley District 7 Champs

gpeckham

Nov 13, 2009
West Valley runs their season record to 22-0 with a 5-1 win over Clarkston and a 10-0 win over Cheney. Good job girls!!!!!

WV is young but experienced. We start 1 senior, she is the centerfielder and a 4 year starter. 3 juniors, all three are 3 year starters. One is the shortstop (number 2 pitcher), the second baseman, and the number 1 pitcher. 4 sophs, third base (2 year starter), first base, left field ( 2 year starter) and right field ( 2 year starter). One freshman and she is the catcher. The number 1 pitcher doesn't hit and the dp is a soph also and a 2 year varsity player.

Grandview has 1 girl that plays competitive summer ball...that is it. The other teams at the top of the CWAC have at least half (my guess)

Grandview will most likely start 2 Freshman, 3 sophmores (2 first year starters one 2nd year), 2 juniors (1 first year starter, one 3 year starter), 2 seniors (one 4 year starter, 1 2 year starter).

In case you are wondering I will NOT bet on this game...just saying

No bets from here either. The GNL overall was a bit down. With that said I would have been disapointed if WV hadn't dominated the league. I am familiar with Selah as I have seen some of them play in the summer. Hard to say about the other teams the only reference point I have is Colville. We beat Colville 3-1 and they swept Othello 3-1 and 4-1. Not much to take from that. We played Ellensburg and EV Yak in Moses Lake in two 3 inning games. We beat Ellensburg 2-0 and EV 7 or 8 to 0. EV was missing players and Ellensburg may not have had their best pitcher there. Once again not much to take from that either.

As far as summer, we have several girls who play summer ball and 4 who play what I would say is at a high competitive level.

All in all should be fun, thats why they play them, right?

Hey Mr. Blues, I am really getting excited for the weekend games. Maybe we could say hello at the field before the games.

Great I would like to meet. Looks like nice weather, we haven't seen much of that. Really excited to see some other teams. Also I love the great fields at Selah. See you there. I will be wearing a WV black T-Shirt and a Spokane Mudhens Hat over my grey hair.

Alright I will look for you. I will have a white hat and 2 little girls with me.

At that time I can fill you in on inside info after it is too late to relay the info to your daughter ;)not that she needs help

Good I will be on the lookout. Just like I say you still have to play the game and she still has to pitch it. No such thing as a gimmee.

ADVERTISEMENT