ADVERTISEMENT

Who has the top long jump in 4a state?

Go Get It 20

Oct 21, 2005
I was reading a newspaper and saw that the top jump in the whole state was 23-7. Im not sure who it was by but I waswondering what are some of the top jump marks in 4a in the state...

funny story about this jumper. you might have herd his name in more running events hes zeike hill from curtis high school. hes like top five in the 100, 200, and 400 but hes toying with jumping on the side sometimes and he is AMAZING! i dont see why he wouldnt win state but the fact he dosent really know what hes doing hes never jumped or been coached how to do so but just running down the board and leaping the sadest part is he dosent know how to land so most times he flops in the air and lands on his butt or side (even that 23-7 jump) imagine how far he could go with some training and form!! i could see a d1 school or any college intrested in him for that reason, the potential! curtis also has a 20+ ft jumper jonathan joiner he got second at the pasco invite in the triple jump and is also a leader in the statee at the long jump. and josh mccune also is one of the state leaders in the triple jump this school has been producing jumpers left and right! sarah burns and mareneo zapatta both came out of curtis and i believe both hold the record in the state for there rerspective jumps and now both jump at wazzu.

Wow...I didnt know that the jumper that led the state from Curtis was Zeke...Yeah he has ran some amazing times this year...I ran against him at the Pasco invite and he totally dominated in the open 400 but had a tight finish with some dude from Kent Meridian. So do you know if he is has been doing it for districts or whatever? Or is he going conservative and just doing the 400,200,and 100?

WCD only lists Hill for the 400 and the LJ, Seeded 2nd to a Junior outa Gig Harbor in the LJ, his 400 Time was 5th coming in, putting him in heat 2....he didn't run in League in the 100 or 200, Curtis had no entries in either race.

The Toe

PS: I assume he is in a couple of relays instead....which is understandable....from a Team Score Opportunity, they must have felt a 2nd in the 4x400, a 4th in the 4x 100 and 5th in the 4 x 200 gave them a better opportunity at state? The 4x 400 team looks good to medal in state, the other two are very much on the bubble, you may ony see Hill in three events tops.....I don't know if he is in the 4x1 or 4x2, but I cannot believe he is not in the 4x4.
This post was edited on 5/16 12:56 PM by The Toeif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

Well thats understanding that he only may be in three events, its what i would do also if i was him...yeah i didnt know guys had a 4x2 relay???

im not sure which running evets hes still running in but i do know he is the only curtis long jumper right now the coach pulled johnathan joiner the othe long jumper that placed well at the pasco invite so he could focus on the triple jump. and while we are on the triple jump curtis has the top two seeds from the west side of the state coming to state johnathan jumped i think a 45'4 and josh mccune took first on his last jump with a 45'9

Well those are some nice jumps but i have to say Stephen Marshall from Southridge will definetly bring it to the table at state with his personal best being 48'+....

The Toe Stubbed it there with the 4 x 200, he was thinking of days of yore, when Black Converse was still the shoe of choice among High School boys!!!!

Hill went 3rd in the Long Jump, Curtis moved on in the 4 x 400 at 3rd but the 4 x 100 failed to qualify for state, finishing 9th. His two teammates in the Triple went 1/2.....

The Toe, gonna have to redo the paint where he stubbed em...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT