ADVERTISEMENT

Who is going to do well in the trico league?

Hockinson will do very well this year in both girls and boys. We will see. Some newcomers this year will be ones to watch.

team-wise, yes hockinson is good, but woodland girls is better than last year....individually hayden woodered is great at pole vault. and james durkee is ranked high in state for the shotput. the woodland girls are always good though...but who are the top throwers in 2a????

Sarah Porter and Colton Dunn, the hottest and fastest high schoolers on the track. they both post remarkable times in their events (check the front of the pack in state!). kick ass

from White Salmon you can expect the following to make it to state....they've all run at state in the past and are looking good this year.

Boys
Andrew Culp (100 and 200)
Nolan Kenoyer (both hurdles)
Calvin Garrett (high jump)
Kyle Earls (400)

Girls
Nikki Plante (both hurdles)
Ashley Neff (800)

Also around the league...

Rylee Walker from Stevenson will do well in the 200 and 400
Kelly Brashers (also from Stevenson) 800, 1600 and 3200

And of course Krystal Deyo from Castle Rock will kick everyone's behinds in the 100 and 200...just like she's done for YEARS.

Natasha Buruse from Ridgefield is a good 800 & 1600 runner.

Those are off the top of my head. It will be interesting to see which new athletes will perform well....

How can you not have Sarah Porter in there, who was District champ last year in the 1 and 2 mile, and was also Cross Country State champ this year.

Because I was only listing people I am familiar with that haven't already been mentioned. Seems to me Porter already is mentioned in several posts.

So why didn't anyone else mention Krystal Deyo? She's the most dominating track athlete in 2A, boys or girls. With all due respect for Porter (and she IS a very good runner), no one holds a candle to Deo. And no, I'm not from Castle Rock.

Compare these results for Deyo with anyone else in 2A:

Junior - 2005
State champ in 100
State champ in 200
State champ 4x100
State champ in long jump

Top scoring athlete (both boys and girls) in the entire 2A, 1A and B meet.

Sophomore - 2004
State champ in 100
4th - 4x200
6th in long jump

Freshman - 2003
4th in 100

Dont forget Sarah has a little sister who is just as fast! They will dominate all the way to state.

there are also some new blood on the hawks team, one you are familiar with hh, he played bb this year #40, is doing the high and long jumps so far placed first and second at his very first meet. Not too bad for a b-baller

Just curious...what are his times so far? Because the boys sprints are usually dominated by juniors and seniors.

I believe Colton Dunn has run around 11.6, which isn't earth shattering. These must be people that haven't seen Culp run. If Culp is healthy, I would have to go with Culp. I can vividly remember the first play of our football game with White Salmon and Culp going 70 yards untouched and was still pulling away when he hit the goalline.

On the girls side. Stevenson should make a run at the district championship. They are loaded with girls with solid marks. Stump the freshman has run a 12.8 100 and around a 26.8 200. Woodland freshman Samantha Sturdivan has run a 12.7 100,so there are some quality sprinters that will try and keep up with Deyo(but just won't have the power yet).

My pick for Trico champs and district champs on the girls side is Stevenson. If they hadn't lost Plante(mid to low 15's in the hurdles) to White Salmon they would be a shoe in.

About five people can run faster than an 11'6 100, so Dunn running away will not be true.

Andrew Culp ran 11.4 as a freshman. While I don't see him at the 11.0 mark (because he won't work on his starts enough to get there), he is most definitely plenty fast.

Stump sure opened my eyes at the season opener in White Salmon.

So who's looking good in Woodland, coach?

My bad. The Columbian must have had it wrong when they said he ran 11.53 hand held which rounds up to 11.6. Sorry.

little dissapointed that culp didnt show up at the meet at hockinson today. it could have settled a lot with the colton-culp dispute.

Have you looked at www.athletic.net yet? Our coaches are on it now and they say it's easy to set up and just as easy to update. The Sea-Tac B League uses it to set up their seedings for meets. If hou like it spread the word.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT