ADVERTISEMENT

WIAA 1A State Title Game 2016 - Pick the winner.

Washington_sports

Sep 23, 2013
Congratulations to all the teams in the playoffs this year. This year was much harder to pick than in past years. A lot of close match-ups and a lot of good teams playing their hearts out to play for one more week. Quick comment on last week’s games: DP had quite the run this seasons going out on a tough game, I have seen them play much better then they showed Saturday. Hope to see them in top shape next year. La Center has one of the better defenses on the west side and holding Connell to a mere 3 points in the second half, and only the second team to hold Connell to under 40 points.

With that said, this is the final week with Go Knights in the lead and everyone on the heels. I am sure he will pick the Eagles to win this game. Lol. This game is worth 3 points which puts almost everyone in the game.

This week we have a rematch of the SCAC East league matchup 7 weeks ago where Royal pulls off the interception on a 3rd and goal situation with less than a minute left to win the game 28-21. Will Connell drop hard like last year in the Semi-final match or will they get their revenge in the one game that counts? Royal wants a back to back state title and only one team stands in their way “can they make it happen?” These 2 teams combine have been in the championship game 9 times in the past 10 years bringing home 2 state titles each: Royal 2007, 2015. Connell 2009, 2011.

So for the final week give us your perspective on the game, what does each team have to do in order to win? Don’t forget to add the total score for both teams as a tie breaker.

Connell 12-1 @ Royal 12-0 – In the Dome, Saturday 10:00am.

If Royal plays as crisp as last week they will win by 2 or 3 scores but I need Connell I think to win this contest so let's give em hell. CONNELL

WISH I COULD BE THERE

Well 1AA I think you are giving the knights too much credit. I thought they played a little sloppy last week compared to other weeks but that is just my opinion. To get ahead in this game I am hoping for another sloppy week. Personally I am hoping neither team crumbles and we get another spectacular game.

Going with Connell by 7 points. 35-28

Last edited:
Washington-sports, you think the Knights played sloppy? Were you at a different game than I? The had virtually no penalties, only punted once, held their opponent to under 100 yards of offense, completed 86% of their passes. I am not saying that translates to this coming week, but sloppy they were not. In fact, both teams are peaking at exactly the right time. It's going to be a battle.

Royal 35-21. Not sure why other than a gut feeling. I just hope both teams play their best. Either way it's going to be tough to swallow for the loser having to see the other kids through the remainder of the year because they are in the same league. That's bragging rights.

Royal by 4 td's.

Connell 12-1 @ Royal 12-0 – In the Dome, Saturday 10:00am.[/QUOTE]

ADVERTISEMENT