ADVERTISEMENT

WIAA 1A State Title Game 2017 - Pick the winner.

Washington_sports

Sep 23, 2013
Well, not much in the surprise column this last week, except the fact that I messed up and GoKnights call me out. I went back in all my records to confirm, and yes I missed the CCC Game. Shame on me. Ok, I’m over it now. Standings out of a possible 29 Points:

25 Points – Wa_Sports, 1AA, GoKnights
24 Points – FrontRowJoe, OldGrenedier (Sorry, you picked the private and now have to suffer)
23, 22, 21, 20 Points – DPJ1, WahFan, Wolfram, and RHS Knights

It’s time for the Dome. Who is going to win and Why? To make it interesting, this game is worth 3 points for picking the winner, 1 point for the person closest to the Meridian total points, 1 point for the person closest to Royal’s total points and tie breaker goes to the one with the closest total game points.

Royal (13-0) vs. Meridian (13-0)
Why?
Score Royal ______; Meridian _______

I like wolfram1's throwing up the hail mary.

I predict Royal wins 35-14. Just a hunch. Royal scores a lot and hasn't let many score on them but I'm guessing Meridian will get a couple.

Reactions: wolfram1
For kicks, here are my predictions for the other title games:
1B: ACH
2B: Kalama
1A: Royal
2A: Tumwater
3A: O'Dea
4A: Richland

I call wolfram1's hail Mary and raise you a picket fence play. I also need the points
Meridian 20 Royal 14

Well, Meridian has played well this season and has surprised me on a few games. Their loss to Connell last year in the quarterfinals was not forgotten, and they want to make a point that they are ready to play and have improved from last year. Royal, has played their JV squad just about as much as the varsity this year and the only struggle this year was playing all 4 quarters against Connell. In the end, this game is all about finding defense. My prediction, Royal is going to come out quick and put Meridian playing catch-up. If Meridian can keep it close at half, it should be quite a fun game to watch. Never the less, I think this one will mimic last week. Darn Front row Joe stole my score prediction, but I will go?

Royal 42 – Meridian 14

Well that was the game we were hoping for. Congrats to Royal for another great season. Also great season to Meridian that showed everyone that they can play with the best.

As hard is it will be for OldGren to hear, the winner of the contest is GoKnights. (unless someone can find a mistake in my calculations :rolleyes:). Had FrontRowJoe not stole my predication I would have won. oh, well. I will just have to go watch wrestling and B-Ball now.

Thanks for a fun season and everyone that joined in.

GoKnights1 can be a real crybaby if he doesn't win. Thanks to all of you for recognizing that from the beginning and giving him the impression that we were all competing at our highest level against him. I'll remind you all of his fragility when we start it up again next season.

It’s a good thing I do so much winning so you don’t have to hear me cry. Old Gren you should try it sometime it’s really fun. Back to Back.

Damn I was close. Thanks fellas. Have fun on the mats or courts

That was the way state championship games should be! That Burkett kid from Meridian played one heck of a game. It will be exciting to see how he does at the next level. Congrats to Royal on another successful season! They are such a well balanced team and have so many weapons - a true joy to watch. Meridian did just about everything possible to beat them but Royal deserves it. Way to go Knights!

Congratulations to both teams, two great seasons! Royal has a great program and doesn't look to be slowing down at all. See you boys next year, it's time for wrestling season.

ADVERTISEMENT