ADVERTISEMENT

Wonder How Well The Grandview Program Will Do In The Offseason

G-TownFan40

Feb 12, 2006
How well will the Hounds do in the offseason with 7 seniors leaving, with losing all height that (which was a some) but how does Parrish plan to replace a CWAC MVP in James Vela and a 1000 pt. scorer in Anthony Andrews and the big supporting cast they had aswell.....

We'll have to wait and find out.........

Guard Play will again be their strength....

Sounds like a broken record doesn't it? Medina (point), Lopez and Valencia should step up nicely for the Hounds. Lopez and Valencia have potential to flat out fill it up. Guillen is quick and will see playing time with a focus on penetration and defense. Concienne will add some solid depth. Poteet can play guard too...but Coach Parrish will more than likely rely on his defense and rebounding underneath. Perez is the wildcard in my opinion. He is a workhorse and will need to bring his mental toughness on the court each time. There are a few more kids who can add greatly to the program. We are counting on them to make good choices within the school building and out.

Re: Guard Play will again be their strength....

Lets see if Nick Sears can get his head straight when it counts and keeps up his grades and stays eligible. He can easly be the go to guy in the post with such a verstile game. Post up, drive from the top, shoot the trey. Very hard to guard but again I see struggles in his decision making on the floor. If he does bring his A-GAME he is fine and plays a great game, he is not consistant like a CJ Lopez. I agree Adrain is the work horse, he works his ass off at practice and is physical and tough in the post knowning that I played with him and against him many times. Zach is all an all roun' player to. It will come down to: Nick, Zach, Adrain for 2 starting spots and who ever comes off the bench will give the Hounds a spark. AJ and CJ will both step and be a big time threat from down town. Maybe Coach Parrish should try the Vilanova screme 4 guards and 1 big man lol....Might work.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT