ADVERTISEMENT

Cashmere at Cascade Christian

Cashmere at CC should be a great 1st game of the year. Both teams will know exactly what needs to be worked out. Cashmere got em last year at home 39-0 so I'm sure CC has circled this day. I still think cashmere's speed is going to get em, and it's on turf so the Dawgs will be faster. Another blowout, cashmere enjoys a long bus ride home. But they could meet later on down the road in the playoffs.

I'm not quite THAT confident driver. In last years game CC had quite a few dropped balls and were missing a few key players. I think CC should probably be favored in this one due to the amount of returning starters. Either way I expect it to be a hard fought game despite the long bus ride! Looking forward to this one!

You are right Ckidcoach, CC did drop quite a few balls last year. If CC gets on a roll passing the ball they'll make it a game for sure. But... It looked like to me coach Z was in the power I last year in this game with Mo. So CC will be getting a different look with the wing T version of now. But it's high school football so anything can happen, whoever does the little things perfect could have a nice night. I think CC should be favored as well but I'm going with a bulldog win. Speed and heart kills.

Re: 21-3 CC over Cashmere

CCS with a nice win to start the season. Tough hard hitting game -- both teams lost a feature back in the first quarter (CCS running back to sprained ankle, Cashmere lost fullback to dislocated arm). CCS won, but did not look sharp on offense with 3 turnovers and had a punt blocked. Hunter Austin with some hard yards up the middle to lead the offense. The Coug defense was outstanding though -- Cashmere had a tough time getting to the edge and their passing attack gained almost nothing.

Glad to hear that the Cashmere kid only had the dislocation -- I hope he makes it back soon. Hate to see a kid get hurt in the first quarter of the first game of his senior year.

Montesano is up next for CCS..

FOH (&fb)

Defense ruled the day in this one. Both offenses struggled. Both lost backs early. CC had enough to D to overcome the 3 turnovers, getting out with them only costing 3 pts. Cashmere D was able to get pressure on the CC QB which kept the passing game off balance. Both teams running games were 3 yards and a cloud of dust, with CC fullback Hunter Austin being the ball carrier on both teams who was able to grind out the most. At the end of the day, in my opinion, I would give the game ball to the CC defense. They were able to keep Cashmere O and the option game contained most of the night. Cashmere D would get the second game ball as they did a very good job as well. Both of these teams were hitting hard all night, and I'm sure the offenses will get things worked out as the season progresses and be able to put more points on the board.

Lots of big hits, kids on both sides flying around hitting hard. Great game to watch if you like intense defense. In my opinion CC dominated this game, but in saying that the cashmere kids kept on coming. Both teams will get their offense going and could see a rematch down the road.

Agree Busman. on the hits, and D. I didn't get the feel it was a dominating type game by one or the other, like Cashmere dominated last year (IMO). Agree everybody was playing to the last horn, and agree both teams will get their offenses going and be better down the road.

I get what your saying as far as cashmere dominating the score last year. (I didn't get a chance to watch that game). But just the feeling (my opinion)I got from the stands was CC was bringing it more then the Bulldogs were. I think cashmere losing the defense POY last year in the CTL and their FB hurt them mentally and phsyically. But , that's not to take anything away from CC they deserved this win. I was extremely impressed with the cashmere QB (Ruether #5) he moved from Safety to MB and from QB to FB when his fellow captain went down, a great competitor and teamate. That's what team sports are all about.

I could see where that would happen. CC's injury was probably not as key as Cashmere's, although it did have an impact. I watched the film of that play where his elbow was dislocated. He was catching himself on the way to the ground with his arm out. On the freeze frame you can see the arm at an odd angle and the ball was in the mix too. I hope both can come back from them before the end of the year. (It is sad when a Sr goes down.) The injury bug has already bit both of these teams pretty badly. Good for #5. He did what the team needed him to do. Cashmere will still win many games.

CC has Montesano this week. Another tough game, this one away and on a short week.

How can you say that CC's injury was not as key? I was able to see CC play in a scrimmage the week prior and #4 was easily their most explosive offensive weapon. Not to mention a starter on the D and their key return man. I'm sure the coaches had much of their offensive game plan involving him. Both injuries are unsettling and I hope both teams can recover quickly.

Both teams have some fundamental bugs to work out, but that is to be expected in week one. I was very impressed with the CC D. I have been a Puyallup resident for most of my life and spend every Thur-Sat night catching the local games. That Cascade D was one of the most physical I've seen in years.

I mainly came to check out the Tobeck kid, but I will make sure to find my way to a few more CC games this season. Very similar to the team they had a few years back. Ohhhh somewhere around 2007-09 when they had that big kid that went to Central (Nate Fuhrman I think). Big team, physical D, decent offense. We'll see how far they can go. As for Tobeck, he passes the eye test. Had some huge hits on D but wasn't much of a threat on O. I don't have all the inside film access like "HSFBFun!" has, so forgive me for not having a more detailed breakdown of his skill set.

PS does anyone know if Cascade will be home or away for the Montesano game?

CC Played at Home last year so my assumption is that it is in Montessano this Year.

Montesano/CCS game will be in Aberdeen because Monte lost their stands to a fire last year.

FOH (&fb)

Thanks for coming to the game WAfootballFan20!

Recruit more local folks to come support CC! They are the "little brothers" to Rogers, Puyallup and ER and don't get as much attention being a smaller school. Ironically, they've had more success at their level the last few years, and play very good ball. It is worth the price of admission!

The Cashmere kid was a POY in their conference last year, a Sr, and a Captain, which is what I based my statement on.

The D is fun to watch and will get better! (So is the O when the bugs are worked out and is clicking.) The injury bug has already bit the team, but some players should start getting back, the next few weeks which will help on both sides of the ball. The Sr's want another Championship ring before they are done and the others just want one.

Monte should be a pretty exciting game. The game last year came down to CC ahead by 3, Monte drove the field, and the CC D making a 3 consecutive pass play stand, in the red zone, in the last 42 seconds, causing Monte to turn over on downs for the win. Monte won the State Championship last year, but I'm sure they have this Friday circled as it was a blemish on their Championship run.

Both the teams are well coached, the kids play their hearts out, and have a history of tough, close games against each other.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT