ADVERTISEMENT

Championship Game

Washington_sports

Sep 23, 2013
Final week of the season and the picks have been close. I am not sure if Colville has ever made it to the final game, but even coming down from 2A will not make it easy in the dome. I believe they can stop the run game, but can the stop CC's passing arsenal and the run at the same time? Likewise, CC has not had much success in the final game but they have been there plenty of times.

The final scoring is a 6 way tie with 11 correct, Ducks&Beeavers and MikeBacker with 10 correct, and OldGrenedier with 9.

Given this close battle coming down to the last game, we will add a tie breaker of total points scored this week. So tell us, who is going to win and why???

I like CC 35-14 they have too many weapons on O and D. No one has been able to even come close to beating them and I think they should runaway with the title.

CC by a lot. They have been the best team all year and the clear favorite. Final score: 42-14. 56 total points.

I think it'll be a close game either way. Colville hasn't played anyone this high of a caliber all season. But it can be argued that CCS hasn't either. I'll stick with colville in a close one. 24-21

Colville wins 42-7. They will grind the clock down and pass just enough to catch CC sleeping. Their defense is stout (aggressive corners and great flow to the ball in the middle. They will break a couple long runs and hit a few big passes. The one thing that might make it closer is if the aggressive defensive play from Colville meets with tight officiating.

CC looks strong and had an impressive game against a powerful Eatonville team, but has lost 4 out of 5 games in the done against East side power teams. The game they have won was against Connell in 2012, and this was a flawless show of fingertip catches and impressive blocking around the ends and coming out on top of a record high scoring game. Colville on the other hade had an impressive game against Royal stopping both run and pass, but looked terrible against Cascade and had a hard time controlling Merritt last week. in the warmth of the dome, I think Colville will stop the passes but may give up some big running yards to Ramos and once the backers step up, their TE will be wide open. A good defense match to a good offense makes for a low scoring game. I am going on a limb and will say CC wins this one as the Indians offense has struggled during the playoffs. CC 24 Colville 12

I love a close game and you can't get much closer than this. Congrats to CC for another great season and the 2014 State Champions. Great job to Colville as well, I believe this is their first time to state.

Much thanks to everyone that participated in the predictions, this makes it fun for us "old people" and provides some extra insight to the teams. and the winner is Smallpox with 12 of 15 correct picks and only missing the final score by 3 points. Pretty impressive. Bigfballfan in a close second only missed the final score by 4 points.

Final Standings
Smallpox 12-3
Bigfballfan 12-3
Wash..orts 12-3

EastsideFB 11-4
TheBoz 11-4
WAHfan11 11-4

MikeBacker 10-5
OldGrenedier 9-6

This game was much closer than I ever thought. Colville played really well...well enough to win!

ADVERTISEMENT