ADVERTISEMENT

Evergreen-Trico Week 10?

eastsideFB

Nov 10, 2014
Trying to figure out how the 4 berths from district 4 are settled...I read somewhere the trico 1 is an automatic state qualifier...wondering how the other 3 berths are determined...and, if the above is true, is the trico league champ the dis 4 no 1 or no 2?

Thanks guys!
eastsideFB

Well to my knowledge, if Hoquiam was to win tomorrow night they would automatically be guaranteed a state birth.......I am not actually sure how it is going to shake out but I believe Trico was the number 1 seed last year and they alternate each year......if they are going to use the 2A district 4 bracket this is how it would shake out..... Evergreen #4 @ Trico #1 winner top seed, Trico #4 @ Evergreen #1 second seed, Evergreen #3 @ Trico #2 third seed, Trico #4 @ Evergreen #2 fourth seed.......this is from http://www.wiaadistrict4.com/tournament.php?tournament_id=1719&sport=1&ps_type=1 but again I don't know if this is how it will be played out or not......

Well to my knowledge, if Hoquiam was to win tomorrow night they would automatically be guaranteed a state birth.......I am not actually sure how it is going to shake out but I believe Trico was the number 1 seed last year and they alternate each year......if they are going to use the 2A district 4 bracket this is how it would shake out..... Evergreen #4 @ Trico #1 winner top seed, Trico #4 @ Evergreen #1 second seed, Evergreen #3 @ Trico #2 third seed, Trico #4 @ Evergreen #2 fourth seed.......this is from http://www.wiaadistrict4.com/tournament.php?tournament_id=1719&sport=1&ps_type=1 but again I don't know if this is how it will be played out or not......
Well, if Hoquiam wraps up an auto bid with the Evergreen title and the La Center-Kalama winner does the same, that would make two births...maybe the No. 3 Trico travels to the No. 2 Evergreen and the No. 3 Evergreen travels to the No. 2 Trico? By the quotes I'm seeing in the papers by coaches of the respective leagues, it sounds like each has three postseason births...I'm definitely speculating on what that looks like. Thanks for the tip that the Trico No. 1 was the District 4 No. 1 last year.

I guess it might look like this?
Evergreen No. 1 - Auto to state, District 4 No. 1
Trico No. 1 - Auto to state, District 4 No. 2
Trico No. 3 @ Evergreen No. 2 - District 4 No. 3
Evergreen No. 3 @ Trico No. 2 - District 4 No. 4

Who knows, maybe I nailed it...if anyone knows for sure, your confirmation/helps is NEEDED!!! Thanks!

Until the brackets are loaded, we don't know for certain, but the districts seem to be consistent between classes. I agree with King_Griz on this one, the 2A bracket shows a 4 game crossover, so Evergreen #1 would have to play Trico #4. A win would give them the #1 seed (based on alternating years)

My guess it would look like this:
Trico #4 @ Evergreen No. 1 , Winner is District 4 No. 1
Evergreen No. 4 @ Trico No. 1 - Winner is District 4 No. 2
Trico No. 3 @ Evergreen No. 2 - District 4 No. 3
Evergreen No. 3 @ Trico No. 2 - District 4 No. 4

The only thing that may change is if a #4 somehow beat the #1. In this scenario some districts (Olympic & Nisqually for example) allow the top seed to take the #1 spot. District #4 is the only district that has not posted their methodology on rankings.

Well after Hoquiam's win on Friday night, they have taken the #1 seed in District 4 and direct entry into the state playoffs with a game either Nov. 13 or 14

Well after Hoquiam's win on Friday night, they have taken the #1 seed in District 4 and direct entry into the state playoffs with a game either Nov. 13 or 14
Top 3 in each qualify officially.

Evergreen 1 (Hoquiam) is Dis. 4 No. 1
Trico 1 (I presume Kalama unless upset by Castle Rock) is Dis 4 No. 2
Trico 3 (Castle Rock) at Evergreen 2 (Montesano) is Dis. 4 No. 3
Evergreen 3 (looks like it will be Eatonville) at Trico 2 (La Center) is Dis. 4 No. 4

They can reseed (for example if Trico 3 upsets Evergreen 2 and Trico 2 wins), but the berths will remain as above if home teams win out...and yes, league champions are automatics to state...no crossover.

Either way I feel District 4 is going to have a tough time regardless of seeding when playoff time comes.......there are some tough teams in this league and records don't show enough........Montesano, Hoquiam, Kalama, La Center, and Castle Rock have pretty much some of the best offenses in the league and their defenses are nothing to look over either.....Hoquiam is averaging 36 points per game while giving up just shy of 13, Montesano is averaging just shy of 43 per game while giving up 14, Kalama is averaging 33 a game while giving up 16, La Center is averaging just shy of 24 a game while giving up 21 and Castle Rock is averaging 24 a game and giving up 22......so any of these teams can light up the score board and shut the other team down as well.......

ADVERTISEMENT