ADVERTISEMENT

Pick-em week 7

Washington_sports

Sep 23, 2013
Ok, just for fun; we are going to spread our wings and try to pick all the Week 7 games. Feel free to give insight or just pick the winning team. I am hoping to see a few names from the past give some CTL insight, Spokane knowledge or maybe Smallpox can give us insight to the NW teams. Please let me know if any of the games below are incorrect.

Northeast (District 7)
Freeman (4-2) @ Medical Lake (0-6)
Chewelah (1-5) @ Deer Park (3-3)
Newport (3-3) @ Coleville (5-1)
Riverside (1-5) @ Lakeside (5-1)

CTL (District 6)
Omak (2-4) @ Okanogan (5-1)
Cascade (2-4) @ Chelan (1-5)

SCAC (District 5)
Connell (5-1) @ Burbank (3-3)
Royal (6-0) @ KiBe (4-2)
Wahluke (1-5) @ River View (1-5)
Goldendale (4-2) @ Cle Elum (1-5)
Highland (0-6) @ Zillah (6-0)
Granger (2-4) @ Cashmere (3-3)

Westside games of interest:
Evergreen/Trico (District 4)
Montesano (4-2) @ Rochester (4-2)
Stevenson (2-4) @ La Center (3-3)

Nisqually/Olympic (District 3)
Klahowya (4-2) @ Port Townsend (6-0) ---- Port Townsend won pretty easily the first round.
Charles Wright (1-4) @ Cascade Christian (4-1) -- No doubt Cheney can put up yardage running but can CW keep CC for scoring just as much? Not sure records mean anything in this game.

Northwest/Cascade (District 1)
Lynden Christian (4-2) @ Meridian (3-3)

Last edited:
Freeman -- the loss to Colville in 2OT last week will get these guys fired up.
Deer Park -- #4 in league, hoping for a miracle to get into playoffs.
Coleville --as long as they don't over look the next 2 teams they are looking good.
Lakeside - last easy week before playing a hard 3 games to end regular season.

Okanogan - this is a team that enjoys going back down to 2B.
Cascade - There is only one spot in this league, have to make every game count.

Connell - should be running clock by half.
Royal - should be running clock by half.
Wahluke - This may be fun to watch if you like Offensive teams. Guessing a really high scoring game.
Goldendale
Zillah - this will be Highlands hardest game. :eek:
Cashmere

Montesano
La Center

Port Townsend
Cascade Christian - from what I remember, CW seems to have a hard time betting CC the past 5 years.

LC - Cruise game before getting a rematch with Mt Baker.

Well the game I will say something on will be the Monte @ Rochester game...after 5 turnovers against a stout Hoquiam defense, Monte will come out guns blazing and throttle the Warriors 49-6.....the running game is going to be key for the Dogs and their defense will be out for blood after getting beat.......

District 7:
Freeman, Deer Park, Coleville, and Lakeside are all easy picks. The clear top 4 play the clear bottom 4 this week. It is the next few weeks that get interesting in that league. The toughest games are definitely loaded to the end of the regular season.

District 6:
Okanogan easily. I am actually pretty curious about Chelan v Cascade. Going with Cascade in a close one.

District 5:
Connell by whatever they wish.
I'll take Wahluke over Riverview, but I think it will be somewhat low scoring. I've never seen a team descend in such a short time as Riverview. They have been outscored something like 198-6 in the last 3 games.
Goldendale is in good position to take the #2 seed in the SCAC-West. This week won't take them off that track.
Zillah big.
Cashmere by a couple of TD's.

District 4:
I'll take Montesano over Rochester and LaCenter over Stevenson.

District 3:
I'll go with Port Townsend in a very weak league and Cascade Christian over Charles Wright

District 1:
My gut tells me to go with Meridian.

Hey, is it cool if I join in here?

I agree with OldGrenadier, these are the top 4 going against the bottom 4 in the NEA:

C-o-l-v-i-l-l-e
Freeman
Deer Park
Lakesdie

I also know nothing about the rest of the games.

Northeast (District 7)
Colville
Freeman
Deer Park
Lakeside

CTL (District 6)
Okanogan
Chelan

SCAC (District 5)
Connell
Royal
Wahluke
Goldendale
Zillah
Cashmere

Evergreen/Trico (District 4)
Montesano
La Center

Nisqually/Olympic (District 3)
Port Townsend
Cascade Christian

Northwest/Cascade (District 1)
Meridian

Don't know enough to be accurate on some of these. Just going with my gut. This is kind of a boring week for top teams as they have relatively easy games. Some of the best matchups will be the lesser teams battling it out for a spot in playoffs. Gotta love mid October.

ADVERTISEMENT