ADVERTISEMENT

monte kings score?

Monte 7
Kings 0

Halftime

Just witnessed the worst half of football by Kings all year. It is raining hard and Billy isn't throwing well at all and RB's can't find any holes. Hopefully the second half is different!

425 viewers on the webcast...pretty cool.

Do I have to go find a crow? It's kind of late in the day for that....

This post was edited on 11/17 8:21 PM by CTLfan1

Monte 10
Kings 7

11:30 left in the 4th.

2 play scoring drive, 60 yard pass and 8 yard TD run by Green.

Montesano intercepts Green and leads Kings 17 to 7 - 4-1/2 minutes remaining in the 4th Quarter. #wafbscores

Final: Montesano over Kings 17-7 in foul weather at Stewart field. Billy Green intercepted with less than 5 minutes left in the 4th quarter and Montesano runs out the clock. This reminded me of their playoff win last year over CPC at this same field.

So happy for the Bulldogs. A down year with 2 losses and they aren't even ranked and beat Kings who everybody has been saying all year is the guarenteed state champs! Proves Monte's coaching staff knows how to prepare for anybody. Hopefully this gives them confidence going to the Dome next weekend

Good game for Montesano hope they win it all. Still seems very wrong that the undefeated number one team in the state doesn't get to host a single playoff game.

The Bulldogs on the map again after a rough 2 loss season. They usually dominate their league but come up short in the playoffs. Getting past King's is a big step in the right direction. Hopefully the game with Mt. Baker will be a good one. I'll be at Lampson Stadium most likely at the Riverview and Royal game. This next one is for the dome!

If you are the #1, undefeated, "unbeatable" team than it shouldn't matter when or where you play. People have been giving Kings the Championship since about week 4. Did Green have his worst game of the year because he had to go play in Aberdeen? No

I think this is the same board that somebody commented that my anybody can beat anybody at any time comment only applied to the nfl. Great job Monte. Lol

Exactly what I said and still stand by the statement.

"anybody can beat anybody on any given day".

1.) Maybe in the NFL but definitely not in high school football. There are definitely tiers that some teams are on that others will never be. I can say without a shadow of a doubt that Mabton will never, ever, ever, never ever beat Royal. Just not going to happen. Lined up 100 times head-to-head Royal wins 102 times.

2.) What does that have to do with the Ranking System? If Team-A (Lets say ranked in the top ten) regularly beats Team-B (Not ranked) 99% of the time, and now that 1% happens and loses should Team B now be ranked higher? Heck no. Any given Friday/Saturday/Sunday/Monday and sometimes Thursday has no bearing in ranking Team-A compared to Team-B. Now back to the Tiers I was talking about. If two teams in the same tier or one slightly above the other face off and the lower ranked team wins than sure, they should probably be ranked higher now.

There are definitely tiers that some teams are on that others will never be.[/I] So by your logic Monte should have been ranked #1 this whole time. Like I said, anygiven sunday or what ever I'm good with when the teams are on the same level or rivaling levels.

Jeez, Dude, chill. It was all about that everyone was saying Kings was unbeatable, unstoppable, they were winning the whole thing, blah, blah, blah, blah.

Not here to debate it with anyone. Who really cares.

An unranked team brought down the number one team and everyone said it couldn't/wouldn't happen.

Congrats to Montesano. Good luck at the Dome.

It is a great run by Monte, but I wouldn't call it a Cinderella story hah. After all, the last three seasons they have gone 10-1, 12-1, and 10-2 this year. It is fun to see them get on a roll at the end of the year though.

Montesano played better, adjusted better and had an answer for all of kings offense and put a whuppin' on the knights. Jensen is a stud and fun to watch--even for an opponent. What a nightmare he was for kings. The Montesano kids were great tacklers as well. Coaching and adjustments are the element of the game that matters as much as anything in the playoffs and Monte won that part of the game by a mile. I almost didn't recognize kings on offense with all the futility. Green was out of sorts all night with the under throwing, overthrowing, throwing behind receivers. how many passes did he have knocked down? tough way for a great kid to end his HS football career, but he met a great defensive scheme with great execution by the team and kings couldn't adapt--again. kings is done, montesano moves on. where have I heard THAT before? bummer. good luck.

Congrats and good luck to Monte....hoping this is their year to get it done (and bring the Trophy back to the Westside) !!

Also, a huge Thank You from those of us who could not make it to Aberdeen for the game..............
to the folks at KSTVonline for the fantastic job they did in broadcasting the game on Sat night. I know several people from outside of the state of Washington, who were able to catch the game due to your efforts !!

R23

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT