ADVERTISEMENT

Picks for Week 3

Washington_sports

Sep 23, 2013
Well last week had a few upsets. Zillah came in to give E-Burg their second lost to SCAC 1A teams, and Meridian proved too much for Colville. Also no one guessed that Selah/La Salle would be stopped due to lightning....Richland/Hermiston just waited it out.

Lets see how everyone can pick this week. Lots of undefeated teams left.

Deer Park (2-0) @ Newport (2-0) Game of the week....
Columbia (2-0) @ Monte (2-0)
Wahluke (2-0) @ Royal (2-0)
Cascade (2-0) @ Mt Baker (1-1)
College Place (2-0) @ Connell (0-1)

Deer Park. Newport lost a lot of key players from last year.
Monte
Royal
Mt.Baker
Connell

Sorry about missing the first 2 weeks. I'll jump in now.

Newport (Good choice for game of the week, could be very even. Both teams have tasted the playoffs in the recent past and this early game could have a late impact on post-season chances.)
Montesano
Royal (New coach and new offense for Wahluke. Watching their old offense made me want to jab my eyes out.)
Mt. Baker (Cascade has been a pleasant surprise so far, but I don't think they get the win this week.)
Connell (College Place is improved and Connell has question marks, but not that many question marks.)

This should be a fun week of football. I'll be in beautiful San Diego on Friday night.
Deer Park (2-0) @ Newport (2-0) Game of the week....- This game is an intriguing one. Both teams seem to be decent. Two different styles of football. I'm going to take Newport in this one. Close game though.
Columbia (2-0) @ Monte (2-0)- Montesano is tough, I think they win big.
Wahluke (2-0) @ Royal (2-0)- As I like to call it "The Skirmish of the Slopes". Wahluke looks to take the next step forward with their new spread offense. I'm taking Royal by 40+.
Cascade (2-0) @ Mt Baker (1-1)- This is an intriguing game. Mt. Baker's only loss is to Lynden I believe. I'm taking Cascade in an upset.
College Place (2-0) @ Connell (0-1)- I think this could be a much better game than it traditionally sounds. I'm going to go way out on a limb and take College Place because mixing it up makes this more exciting.

Deer Park (2-0) @ Newport (2-0) Game of the week....DP. Could be close if Stags turn ball over but Newport is not same as last year.
Columbia (2-0) @ Monte (2-0)Montesano.
Wahluke (2-0) @ Royal (2-0)Royal
Cascade (2-0) @ MtBaker (1-1)My Baker. Intriging matchup. See if Caribou Trail is back yet.
College Place (2-0) @ Connell (0-1)Connell

Newport may have the edge with home field advantage but I believe Deer Parks offense will keep the score high. DP by 14.
Montesano is going to be a tough team this year, this will be a small speed bump.
hmm Royal? - knights vs warriors. not much of a battle with royals strong armory against bare skin, but the warriors will stop a few runs :confused:
Baker is always strong for the first 8 weeks of the season, if they can only keep it going into the playoffs. Mt. Baker.
if Connell plays like the first week, CP may have some fun, however the week off will help the eagles prepare. Going Connell, I'm not as risky as Little074.

Cascade and College Park just weren't ready for all the responsibility! Just shows that the upper echelon programs are there for a reason. They beat who they're supposed to beat.

ADVERTISEMENT