ADVERTISEMENT

Quarter Final Picks - Who will advance?

Washington_sports

Sep 23, 2013
Wow, I am not sure I can pick anymore with this last week. Congrads to OldGren for the perfect pick. Looks like he had the Meridian crystal ball. He jumps into the lead with TKKWCTST 17 points. GoKnights and 1AA are at 16, Gabe51, Fireball and KingGriz at 15, and the rest at 14.

Only 3 points split the field and to make it more interesting the next two rounds will be worth 2 points each game. Only 2 unbeaten teams remain, half the teams are SCAC but at least one of them will not be making it to next week. Pick wisely:

Connell (10-1) @ Meridian (6-5)
Mt. Baker (11-0) @ La Center (10-1)
La Salle (10-1) @ Royal (10-0)
Zillah (9-1) @ Deer Park (9-1)

Well last week was interesting... Mt Baker really shook things up throwing the ball on their opening drive, threw the Grizzly D off their whole game....now this week will be fun!!!

Connell @ Meridian- Sorry Meridian but your crystal ball has become black.....Connell will make the trek and continue on with their march with a rematch with Royal....Connell convincingly here
Mt. Baker @ La Center- Baker has their D1 prospect running back and their offense is very similar to La Center, but the Mountainer QB has an arm and their Receivers are quick, it's gonna be a battle of the Wing T offense and I believe I will take Mt. Baker here
La Salle @ Royal- Sorry La Salle but your run ends here....Royal will continue to defend their state title and you will not deny them....Royal
Zillah @ Deer Park- Interesting matchup, honestly don't know a whole lot about either team but I do know Zillah has a damn good team this year, out of all the games this week I believe this will be the closest one....in the end I have gone against the Leopards enough to be wrong and I will not make the same mistake here....Zillah in a closer than expected game

I am going to put in my picks quick this time not that anyone will take me seriously.

Connell (10-1) @ Meridian (6-5) - Meridian is showing strength but can the defense stop Connells offensive attack. So far Royal is the only team to keep them under 40 points a game. Unless Connell gets soft and sloppy (like last week) it should be one sided. Going Connell 42-21
Mt. Baker (11-0) @ La Center (10-1) - This is probably the most evenly matched game this week. the Mounties get out to a fast start, and the Wildcats kick it into high gear after a few series. guessing it will be tied at half with size playing out speed. Mt. Baker in a drag out dog fight 22-21.
La Salle (10-1) @ Royal (10-0) - Royal got surprised with Colville strength on the line but La Salle is a more finesse high scoring team. They'll need more than just offense to win here, as Connell is the only team to score more than twice on the Royal defense. Royal wins a little easier than last week. 48-7
Zillah (9-1) @ Deer Park (9-1) - in a high scoring game that will change the lead 5 times. Deer Park pulls this out as Zillah struggles on turf 35-41

I'll be unavailable later in the week so I had better make my picks now. Any chance I can get lucky again this week? Picks are tougher.

Connell (10-1) @ Meridian (6-5) Meridian is the private killer. Connell is not private and will not be killed.
Mt. Baker (11-0) @ La Center (10-1) This is the toughest one for me to pick.
La Salle (10-1) @ Royal (10-0) Go Knights!!!
Zillah (9-1) @ Deer Park (9-1) Even though DP is the home team, I think their first playoff win in their 99 year history was enough for them to define this as a successful season. Zillah is still hungry.

How can OldGren be perfect he doesn't even pick Royal games, just because he/she wants Royal to win he gets credit? By the way I wanted Meridian to beat Cascade Christian...............................:)
Connell 42 Meridian 7
Mt. Baker 28 Lacenter 21
Royal 33 La Salle 7
Zillah 22 Deer Park 21

TKKWCTST, you must be new around here. :)
Looks like you and I will be tied again after this week.

Connell (10-1) @ Meridian (6-5) Going with eastside. Connell
Mt. Baker (11-0) @ La Center (10-1) Tough game to choose but Mt Baker in a close one
La Salle (10-1) @ Royal (10-0) Close than expected but sticking with Royal
Zillah (9-1) @ Deer Park (9-1) Another close game. Weather looks like rain/snow mix. Stags in an ugly one. This team figures a way every week.

I'm thinking all games this week will be close. Probabaly won by whoever makes the least mistakes (even though that sounds so cliche).

Connell over Meridian
Mt Baker over La Center
Royal over La Salle
Zillah over Deer Park

Connell (10-1) @ Meridian (6-5)Connell I've picked against Meridian 3 times now maybe this ones the charm
Mt. Baker (11-0) @ La Center (10-1)Mt Baker
La Salle (10-1) @ Royal (10-0) Royal Knights D will be the difference.
Zillah (9-1) @ Deer Park (9-1)Deer Park I have to make a move to win this thing and this is the best chance I have. I hope the stags win or I'm going to have to get a therapy dog or play-doh to cope with the loss.

Connell (10-1) @ Meridian (6-5) - Connell
Mt. Baker (11-0) @ La Center (10-1) - Baker
La Salle (10-1) @ Royal (10-0) - Royal
Zillah (9-1) @ Deer Park (9-1) - Zillah

My prediction is that none of these will be less than 7 points.

Connell (10-1) @ Meridian (6-5)
Mt. Baker (11-0) @ La Center (10-1)
La Salle (10-1) @ Royal (10-0)
Zillah (9-1) @ Deer Park (9-1)

ADVERTISEMENT