ADVERTISEMENT

Royal/River View

Linebacker_65

May 16, 2006
River View is giving Royal all they can handle, 21-14 Royal at half with Royal scoring late to take the lead going in.

After a Big opening KO return down to the River View 21 the Knights take the Ball down to the 5 yard line where they fumble and RV recovers. Still 21-14 Knights.

After the safety kick, a Myrick pass is tipped and picked off deep in Knight territory, 1st and goal. 3 Plays later a Panther TD. Knights looking really sloppy, 6:38 left in the 3rd 23-21 Knights.

This post was edited on 11/24 12:50 PM by Linebacker_65

River View Sacks Myrick ball is free and recovered by the Panthers, ball now on the 5 going in. I'm starting to look for some Crow right about now, might have to plan an impromptu post game snack.

This post was edited on 11/24 1:01 PM by Linebacker_65

River View scores, 28-23 River View. The Knights have turned the ball over 4 times on the day, producing 2 scores for the Panthers.

Myrick scores from the 10 yd line to put the Knights up 29-28. Knights go for 2, at first no good but PI called. 2pt Conversion part II is good. Knights up 31-28, 11:16 left in the game.

This post was edited on 11/24 1:14 PM by Linebacker_65

Royal driving again down to the RV 35 yard line.

This post was edited on 11/24 1:23 PM by Linebacker_65

After a negative run, an incomplete pass and another incomplete pass the Knights are forced to punt. Royal has been dropping passes all day.

After the punt River View takes the ball across the 50 to the Knights 45 in 3 plays. After a no gainer and a 1yd screen it is currently 3rd and 9.

Incomplete pass on 3rd down, now 4th and 9 with 5:40 left in the game. RV decided to go for it, and gets it. 1st down in the Knights 32 yd line.

TyuTyunnik keeps on 3rd down but is short, 4th and about half a foot. RV tries to be a little tricky with a flip out wide but Myrick Comes in with a big hit for a negative gain. Royal ball.

Myrick keeps on 1st down, 3 yd gain. Just draining clock now. Another carry for 3 more. 3rd and short. 21 Sec left, game over.

25 carries for Myrick on the day.

This post was edited on 11/24 1:41 PM by Linebacker_65

Basically to win today RV would have had to have played a perfect game along with the performance that Royal put forth. Great game by RV and a very sloppy game by Royal. Royal/Monte Final.

I just want to say this, Myrick is one of the best high school players I have seen in a long time. He's a good QB but I think an even better safety, any details from the Royal fans if he is planning on playing anywhere next year?

It is amazing that Royal played so bad and still won, they had 6 turnovers I think. Myrick was the one and only reason Royal won this game. He was all over the place on both sides of the field.

Royal was fortunate to come away with this one with all the mistakes. Alex was clutch down the stretch but I don't think that he is the only reason. He is a great player and is a real team player. This group plays as a team no excuses just picking each other up. Riverview played a very good game and showed what the SCAC east is all about best 1A league in the state.

sorry bud... Royal "might" be the best team in the state but ya aint convincing me they play in the best league. The scac east is very top heavy.

Who is the best in your opinion? It is top heavy but who judges from the bottom. Most playoff wins, most titles, and most runner ups.

Good point GoKnights! What league isn't top heavy? What league isn't weak at the bottom end?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT