ADVERTISEMENT

Royal vs Cle Elum this Saturday

krg281

Oct 28, 2011
A question for the Royal faithful....
What team this season do you thing has played you the toughest..?
Cascade, Quincey and Connell (all with records over .500,) all looked very sloppy on both sides of the ball when they played the Knights.
I see this game being very close...

I would say Riverview or Quincy. Thankfully all the good teams played sloppy on both sides of the ball when they played us. I hope Cle Elum plays sloppy for us too.

Quincy played one of it's worst games of the year against Royal in my opinion, but maybe that is because they were playing Royal. I don't think anyone is going to beat the Knights this year.

The Moses Lake turf is fast, and the weather looks perfect for an afternoon game. 46 and partly cloudy.
Should help a speedy team.
Didn't Royal and Cle Elum do a little pre-season scrimage in Moses Lake earier this year?

I would agree with GoKnights1 and add that Connell had a very impressive first 5 minutes, considering how young they are. They will be the team to watch next year. I say Riverview was the toughest overall team, this year. Quincy struggled the first half, and I wouldn't list them except they seemed to regroup and play much better the 2nd half. I wasn't in ML for the spring scrimmage, but I know both teams were there. Probably played each other, but what does that really indicate? ML turf appears to be exactly like the RC turf.

I get that turf makes a difference bu,t wouldn't it be just same relative to speed on grass. The fastest players are still going to be the fastest players no matter the surface. As for the first question I would say Riverview or Quincy. I was able to catch both games and Quincy is bigger and very physical but Royal matched their physical play even with smaller guys up front. Riverview is a pretty well coached team and played tough but in the end Royal was just more physical and too well coached for the Panthers the first time around. We'll see how well the Warriors do I haven't seen them in the flesh this year. Caught a couple of their games last year and the system does seem to be working so who knows. They've put up pretty good numbers especially on the ground so it will definitely be interesting.

I think if Cle Elum plays like they did against Cashmere this is going to be a great game. This will be Royal's first real challenge of the year. I still think Royal wins but it will be somewhat close.

I feel that the sloppy play might be the result of playing Royal, they are a pretty dang good team that forces a lot of mistakes. I agree too that this will be Royals toughest game yet, the winner here plays in the State Championship.

I agree with Quincy fan that nobody will beat the Knights this year - but I disagree with which Knights won't be beaten. Kings has beaten Lynden, Lakewood, and Archbishop Murphy at the 2A level already this year. They just traveled to Hoquiam and beat them on a slick grass field running and throwing the ball, and if they get to the championship game it will be indoors - I don't think they're offense will be contained in good conditions.

What about Royal's offense? They've posted almost 1400 yards in the last two games alone. If that's not pretty good offense, I don't know what is.

I sure hope the Knights football team is as overconfident as their fans.
"ala Cashmere"
The truth is that Royal has never been challenged by a fast scoring team and a punishing defense.
I wont predict a blow out by the Warriors but I know that the Knights will have their hands full like they have never had this season.

Seen em both and Royal is the faster more explosive team. Royal 42 - Cle Elum 14

Not saying one way or the other about who will win, but I think it will be closer than that. Though it helps, you don't have to be the faster more explosive team to win. Cle Elum can keep it close by controlling the clock and limiting Royals chances to score. Being a running team they are capable of that, just grinding way and killing clock.

Nice attempt to fabricate that Knight fans are acting overconfident. Looking through these posts I haven't found one example of that, unless you are counting some of the people posting that are from the CTL and seem to be pretty big Knight fans.

Nobody from Royal is expecting anything less than a fierce battle.

I was wondering which Knight fans were over confident. I'm not sure if fans can be over confident, being that fan comes from fanatic. I'm sure both teams will come in with the proper amount of confidence and respect for the other team. As far as Royal not being tested with a fast scoring team with a punishing defense I agree, if only we could have played Zillah oh wait we did. Sorry couldn't resist the little jab. I'm sure it's going to be a great hard fought game between two really good teams.

There's one in every crowd right? You can trust that the majority of Cle Elum fans are aware that this game is going to be tough and that we aren't going to just walk in and dominate like happened in Cashmere. I am also sure that the players are just as aware and hope that they are confident about the game, but not as overconfident as the above poster. I really don't know what to expect out of this game, should be a good one to watch though! What I am confident of is that who ever takes this one is playing in the championship game.

Just about to post the same Warrior. I don't think anyone outside of CTLfan1 was predicting anything or sounding over confident. Best of luck to both teams and look forward to seeing all of the great Royal fans this Saturday!

I said it before and I'll say it again, Cle Elum is state bound! They have the best running back/linebacker in the state, the best group of seniors in the state, and the best coaching staff in the state! It will take a perfect game/plan for them to fall short of the dome! I don't see it happening this week or next! Cle Elum 35. Royal 14

You are so fuuny!!! first of all how are the coaches the best in the state? If they are so great why is this the first time they've done anything since I've been in the area and that is 8 years. This is the first time they have gotten past cross-overs. You do have a great offense can't take that away from you but your boys were carved up for 28 points against Connell's not so awesome passing attack. Your studs couldn't do anything to stop them. Royal has it all and will cut your defense to threads. They have a legitamate passing game and running game and their defense will be the best you've seen. You will put up some points I'll give you that but Royal will shut you down. Royal 42 Cle Elum 28

You're the funny one!!!! So 28pts is a shut down? Ok, I'll go with your 28pts. Cle Elum 28 Royal 14

@blackhawk, Cle Elum made playoffs last year lost in 1st Rd to chelan 2008 lost to cascade 2007 lost to cashmere, only time in those years Cle Elum won is this year.
@buzz your over confident in Cle Elum. A normal Cle Elum team will come out juiced and then the size difference will over come the fast start. I was a ce grad and I must say this is a great coach team and I wish them good luck
I have royal winning by 2 touchdowns and a fg

To be fair to that "Best coaching Staff" comment, they have only been together 3 years now and the teams they have coached have shown progress from making it to the crossovers year 1, to the 1st round of state year 2 and now in year 3 making it to the quarter finals. That does show improvement. And to be even more fair I'm pretty sure Buzz was being facetious haha. He made a similar post earlier in the year in a joking manner.

This post was edited on 11/13 4:39 PM by Linebacker_65

to be even MORE fair... three years ago they started alot of Sophmores aka this years Seniors so of course there is progress. Dad coaching the same team he started with in youth football is bound to show some progress with a team in its 10th year. they still lack the discipline of a true championship team. Way to many dumb penalties which are a direct reflection on coaching. Each year has been a slight improvement and this year will be no different. Out in the quarter finals and starting from scratch next year. At least its progress? Cashmere was a big win for them but c'mon.... Cashmere shut out Quincy who beat Zillah handily. When you take away the 2 best players from a 1A team they are beatable? Royal on the other hand has a coaching staff with a drawer full of rings and also has a Senior lead squad. They are disciplined, explosive and know what it takes. HEAVY favorites in this one.
This post was edited on 11/14 5:06 AM by CTLfan1

Look, I am nearly 100% certain this wasn't a Cle Elum poster who said we have the best coaching staff, its some guy from God knows where trying to stir things up.? This same guy posted on another page something like this, he's not a homer he's just a guy trying to get people to start throwing around crazy posts. But on the off chance that you are from Cle Elum, I can say with the rest of Cle Elum behind me, shut up! This is a message board for creating positive discussion about high school football, not to stir the pot and get people agitated. And if you are not from Cle Elum, still shut up!!! For the Same reason I gave above, quit trying to get people mad or annoyed. That is all.

Jeez ctlfan why all the hate man? And go ahead and keep thinking Cle Elum will be starting from scratch next year
wink.r191677.gif

Awww. give CLTfan1 a break.. he's just a little miffed that his boys are staying at home this Saturday.

CTLfan, I'm not siding with the poster at all, trust me haha. I was just responding to the statement that they hadn't done anything in the last 8 years by pointing out that this particular coaching staff has only been around for 3 years and that Each of those three years they have progressed further than the last.

There are other teams that were in the same boat that have gone nowhere. Heavy with sophomores and such that have not progressed at all, ALA Highland and La Salle. Would you argue Kings has a very good or possibly the best staff in the state? Cuase they went from 0-fer to being possibly the best team in the state in a very short time with a lot of players that were very young on that bad team. Part of the coaches job is to retain players and help them get better, it just doesn't happen every where, it takes a good staff.

Are these guys the best in the state? Who knows, probably not, but that doesn't mean that they aren't very good coaches.

I haven't seen many Cle Elum games this year and I would guess you must have seen many of them if you know so much about their penalty issues, elaborate for me. Honestly, I would like to know what kind of penalties you're talking about and how you know so much about them. Serious question, not being a jerk.

considering Krg281 is cle elums coach i can see how he is pretty confident right now. they finally beat an injured cashmere team and coach kretchman thinks his team is world beaters.

not a coach.. just a proud papa
hoping for a great game from both teams
Does anybody know why Moses Lake was picked as the neutral site. ?
I think was like that last year. No complaints.. its a great field and stands to watch from.
Im sure both Royal and Cle Elum fans will travel well.

I have seen both Royal and Cle Elum play. My money is on Royal. I really believe Cle Elum got lucky to play Cashmere without their two best players. I didn't see that game, but I would think if those 2 had played probably could have been way different results. I guess we'll all see on Saturday. As far as the championship game, I would predict Royal vs. Kings. Someone said Connell will be the team to watch next year. Didn't see them play this year, were they a junior heavy team?

I believe the game is being played in ML because it is the best neutral field in the proximity of Royal, who is the home team. Not certain about Connell, but I think they are very Sophomore and a little Junior heavy this year. Lots of good Sophomore talent coming up in the SCAC East!

This post was edited on 11/14 8:21 PM by osknight

This post was edited on 11/14 8:22 PM by osknight

So Connell returning most, may be good again next year. Royal full of seniors. Cle Elum's best are seniors. Cashmere's studs are seniors correct? What about Kings? Senior led team? Who else is returning most next year?

All I know is Lions Field on Saturday is going to be crazy. Both teams will be fueled up and ready to go. Lots of good physical football to be played this weekend. No speculation on a score but I expect there should be no shortage of points.

Truth hurts....... Royal is still alive because they are quite possibly the best team in the state. The other team caught some lucky breaks.

Why is that kid walking around with his shirt half rolled up, gloves down his pants, tape on his wrists, and he is next to a forest... posing, what an odd picture

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT