ADVERTISEMENT

Royal

Linebacker_65

May 16, 2006
I'm calling it. Royal takes state this year. They are too big, too fast and too strong. Kings is good, I like Kings. Billy Greene is a really good QB, Friedline is an outstanding offensive lineman and when need be a dominant D-line guy. But I'm telling you, Kings has never seen the likes of Royal. Offensively, Defensively, they are just utterly dominant. Myrick will, and I reiterate will, kill you with either his legs or his arm.

This is at no way a shot at Kings, I think they are a great team. I have been able to see 3 games this year via internet, they are great. But I can also tell you that their opponents, be it Archbishop Murphy, Lynden or Hoquaim are no where near the caliber of Royal. In the end I could be wrong, and I don't usually make predictions at all. I just have a strong feeling about this one.

Sorry if I hurt any feelings or offended anyone with my pick but this just how I see things unfolding the next couple weeks.

This post was edited on 11/17 3:17 PM by Linebacker_65

Royals line was very solid from what I was able to watch today in between advertisements of the local hair salon and eateries in cle elum, that is for sure.

You are correct on Myrick, he is a solid passer and has some wheels however Kings has seen very similar QB's this year...Lynden and Lakewood have very similar QB's and Kings has the speed and athleticism to keep up so that does not stress me out much.

The great part about this however is there are still a couple more games to worry about before we need to focus on who is playing in the championship...Kings has to get there first!

Linebacker_65: " But I can also tell you that their opponents, be it Archbishop Murphy, Lynden or Hoquaim are no where near the caliber of Royal."

You had me going until this sentence. You haven't seen Lynden play have you.

Well if that's championship game, your making it very hard to choose. I will never root for a private school, but i also will never root for a team from leastern washington. Listening to you pop off makes me want to root for a private school. I think i just threw up in my mouth.

But Mr. Westside can you root for an old Monte head coach who got the Bulldogs a ring in '94? Because he's a Royal assistant now ;)

Just lessSide, he will go away after tonight anyway. Go BeastSide! I crack myself up.... and I don't want to say the I told ya thing to the Warrior faithful because it's cruel and unneccesary but.... Cle Elum got to see it tonight. No knock on the warriors at all. Awesome season but you ran into a buzzsaw tonight. They are the real deal and I hope they bring home another Gold ball to the EAST. Teams like that don't come along very often. As an East side fan I have the utmost respect for Myrick, Delarosa etc. and especially that coaching staff. Keep it rollin guys.

Ok Westy might get to stick around.... unlike his obnoxious self I can say I will root for Montesano despite his irritating regional intolerance. Not a fan of "him" but do have the utmost respect for the coaching staff that he roots for. The Monte staff is top notch in ability and class and I can't help but grin that they knocked off Kings. :) Congrats Bulldogs, nobody saw that coming but you!

Wow Linebacker, apparently you really touched a nerve with old "Westie", by "pop-in" off with your outlandish, obnoxious, and extra-insulting post! (Sarcasm off now) I thought what you said was thoughtful, and fairly respectful to all parties. Apparently he is one of these ultra sensitive, coastal, left-wing, nuttards that so hate the east side, because that is NOT what the east side is.
I can tell you that Royal would have loved to play Kings, because of the challenge they represent, from the buildup all year. Monte won, so we will be equally as anxious to play them. Not going to predict what the outcome of the game will be, because we still have to deal with River View. We cannot overlook them. They are tough! Royal is playing well right now. Cle Elum gave us the best game of the year today, and I am sure that if we had to play them 10 times, we wouldn't always win. They are a good team! Who knows when our "off day" will happen? Hopefully it won't happen this season. Excuse me now, I have to go brush my teeth, I think I'm about to throw up in my mouth!

Appreciate your comments CTLFan, they were well said. Royal has been dominated by the CTL (Chelan, Cashmere) for the past couple of years, and we know that there is a good football tradition up there in that league. We have been anxious and worried about meeting Cashmere this year. They sounded tough! Funny how the season perspective changes so quickly. Royal is back rolling again this year, and we have a chance to get back to the big game. Shouldn't complain because we have been blessed, but feels like it's been a while. It's fun! A great time of year! Good luck to you!

I got a good chuckle out of the pop off statement. It would appear that I have stepped out of line. Forgive me almighty westside poster, for if you do not I do not know how I will go on..... And for the record I never said Myrick himself was better than any other QB that Kings had played, but rather the combination of elements that Royal brings to the table is greater that that Kings has faced this season. Apparently I was wrong and that Honor fell to the Bulldogs of Monteseno tonight ;)

I just want to point out that if it weren't for the Leastside the state has no food, power and fewer ski resorts.

I wanna throw out major props to the Knights, the Royal kind, great game today! I hope you guys go out and bring home a state title back to the (L)eastside again! and more importantly back to the SCAC!!!

Love to see the true class come out.... Cle Elum you guys were the best of the best to go against the Knights but they appear to be on a one way mission. River View gets the last shot and I'm sure it will be a good one but the Knights Destiny is Tacoma. If your gonna go out, go out to the best. At least there is a little comfort in that lol. Good Luck to Royal!

First off let me say i was just playing trying to get reaction in a fun way. Some took it as i am really a Eastern wash hater. I prefer the people of eastern wash more than those from coffee drinking tree hunging side i live on, as im from Idaho myself. So how long does it take to drive your combines over the pass to the dome. Im kidding

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT