ADVERTISEMENT

Week 4 SCAC Picks

Washington_sports

Sep 23, 2013
Starting off with the results of week 3: Wash_Sports (5-2), OldGrenadier (5-3), Front Row Joe (6-2)
Connell 20 - Royal 27--------------------------- Cashmere 43 -KiBe 22
Warden 36 - Wahluke 63----------------------Columbia 21 - River View31
Zillah 52 - Cle Elum 21--------------------------Goldendale 20 - White Swan 0
La Salle 47 - Highland 0------------------------Naches 36 - Granger 14

Now for week 4 picks.
If you are new to the site, please don't hesitate to join the fun in picking who you think will win and why. We promise not to pick on you too much (at least not on your first post)

Having a hard time picking a game of the week because I just don't see any close games. flip a coin....
KiBe (2-1) @ Burbank (2-1) - only because last week both teams received their first loss.
Zillah (3-0) @ Naches (1-2)
Granger (1-2) @ La Salle (2-0)
Cle Elum (1-2) @ Cascade (0-3)
Highland (0-3) @ Goldendale (2-1)
Riverview (1-2) @ Warden (2-1)
Wahluke (1-2) @ Connell (2-1)
Cashmere (1-2) @ Royal (3-0)

So tell us who will win and why.

Last edited:
Well I'll cast my hat into the ring first here. I'm going to roll with the CB Coyotes here in the first match up. Burbank and Ki-Be both coming off losses both to teams who typically have a decent share of success. Coyotes at home (34-28).
Zillah should dispatch the Rangers handily there even in Naches my guess a lot to a little.(49-14).
I like the Lightning to "spark it up" against the Spartans of Granger (35-14).
I'm also rolling with the SCAC with the Indians over the Kodiaks. A playoff team last year having a rough go up there in the mountains.(28-21).
I think the Timberwolves will put a hurting on Highland. Poor Scotties. (42-7)
Two teams I love to hate, I think the Cougars will defend home turf. (21-20)
Wahluke makes a tough trip to the Eagles and it will show coming off of a barn burner at DNM. Eagles big (56-7).
Royal has struggled against Cashmere if it serves memory correct and they will continue to struggle for about a half of the first quarter. Knights (45-14).

I would have easily picked KiBe in this one if they didn't have a key player break his leg in the Cashmere game. I'm still picking them, but in a much closer contest.

Zillah over Naches because they are way better than them.

LaSalle over Granger without much trouble. I expected much more out of Granger last week against Naches. I assume they won't find it magically this week.

Cascade over Cle Elum in a low scoring affair. I think Cascade is the better coached team.

Goldendale over Highland. The Highland losses are just a formality at this point.

Riverview and Warden should be competitive. I give the edge to Riverview.

Connell big over Wahluke, with or without their head coach.

Did something happen to Reiner? Or you think Connell wouldn't even need him to call plays?

Story is that he got ejected at very end of Royal game and has to sit out this week. I don't know if there has been any appeal or anything.

Now we are getting things going, Hope we didn't scare Front Row away, maybe he retired after such a good pick last week. Here is what I got.

I was originally swaying toward KiBe in a close defensive game, but if KiBe is missing the player I think is out, it will really hurt their defense. Burbank (17-12).
Zillah should have second string in by halftime, as the Rangers are struggling this year. (56-7)
La Salle has a pretty easy schedule to start the season and Granger will not give them much competition. La Salle (42-6),
Cascade and Cle Elum was my other pick for Game of the Week, but it was a non-conference game. I am going out on a limb with CTL even though they are (1-11).
Goldendale over Highland (55-0)
Neither Riverview nor Warden have shown great abilities, so even though can't see Warden slowing down Riverview, I think Warden will win in a high scoring matchup.(35-30)
Wahluke has put 119 points on the board in 3 games, they should do well the first series before Connell shuts down the 11 man point of attack. (45-12) I also "heard" Riner was tossed after the game, so he would be ineligible for this week, but he seems more of the defensive play caller so the offense should be fine.
Cashmere asked for a hard schedule and it keeps getting harder. This week their lack of discipline in the secondary will allow Jenks to pass all night long. Royal (45-0)

Last edited:
Sorry I'm late. I love the commentary here. Wish more people would do it. Here's my picks for the week and I'm even going to guess scores, though not with a lot of confidence because some of these teams very inconsistent through 3 weeks of play.

Ki-Be over Columbia in what I think will be a good game (28-13). Ki-Be has had a hard time stopping the run and Burbank could be a threat with a mixed running attack.

Zillah easily over Naches (49-6). Unfortunately we won't see just how good Zillah really is until October 30th but numbers wise they are pounding people.

La Salle over Granger (35-15).

Cle Elum over Cascade (21-17) This is a total guess but I think it will be close. Cascade doesn't seem able to do much but then again they have played some great teams where at least Cle Elum has put some points on the board in their losses.

Goldendale over Highland (42-0) Keep trying, Highland. Keep trying!!

River View over Warden (36-20) I'm picking this one strictly on emotion. River View just seems too gritty to lose to Warden.

Connell over Wahluke (42-13) Wahluke will not have an answer for Hawkins and McCarry and even if Riner isn't there he will have coached them thru a week of stopping a 1 dimensional running game.

Royal over Cashmere (big) Poor CTL. You gotta hand it to them for bravery this year - Cashmere, Cascade and Chelan played big teams in their first few games. No different here. Cashmere can't seem to control passing teams and Royal's "pretty good" at that.

ADVERTISEMENT