ADVERTISEMENT

Week 6 - 1A Pick Challenge

Washington_sports

Sep 23, 2013
Front Row Joe wins the prize going outside the norm and picking Hoquiam. Little074 will have to pick up the mug pieces and go with another strategy.

This week is going to be more difficult and pull a challenge game, of course I got to keep a few easy ones so people don’t stop picking. So start picking.

Okanogan(5-0) at Chelan (2-3)
Freeman (4-1) at Deer Park (4-1)
Zillah (4-1) at Naches Valley (5-1)
Connell (5-0) at River View (1-4)
KiBe (1-4) at Royal (5-0)

Meridian (2-3) at Mt. Baker (5-0)
Sultan (4-1) at Cedar crest (3-2)
Montesano (5-0) at RA Long (1-4)
La Center (4-1) at Stevenson (4-1)
Vashon Island (0-5) at CCC (5-0)

Challenge pick Burbank (2-2) vs Warden (1-4) What’s the score?

Okanogan
Deer Park
Going on a limb and picking the Rangers who are 5-0 (just sayin)
Connell
Royal
Mt. Baker
Sultan
Montesano
Stevenson (upset)
CCC
25-21 Warden

Here goes nothing:

Okanogan(5-0) at Chelan (2-3) -- Okanogan should stay undefeated
Freeman (4-1) at Deer Park (4-1) -- The NEA is a crapshoot. I flipped a Scottish coin and it picked Freeman.
Zillah (4-1) at Naches Valley (5-1) -- Naches finally hits the tough stretch of their schedule. Zillah is my pick.
Connell (5-0) at River View (1-4) -- Connell by however many they desire. How late will the varsity score?
KiBe (1-4) at Royal (5-0) -- Go Knights!!

Meridian (2-3) at Mt. Baker (5-0) -- I'm going with Mt. Baker.
Sultan (4-1) at Cedar crest (3-2) -- Sultan is well-rested and ready to win. :)
Montesano (5-0) at RA Long (1-4) -- Montesano keeps building towards the playoffs as usual.
La Center (4-1) at Stevenson (4-1) -- La Center wins.
Vashon Island (0-5) at CCC (5-0) -- Cascade Christian wins with little resistance. Anyone have Bryce Hoisington's stats for this year? I'm very interested to know.

Challenge pick Burbank (2-2) vs Warden (1-4) What’s the score? This one could easily go either way. Warden has gotten off to a rough start, but had a very difficult schedule. 3 of their losses were to top 10 ranked teams. Burbank has been building confidence with some key wins against mid-tier teams in their league. The winner of this game has the inside track to the 3rd seed in the SCAC-East. I will go with Warden in a shootout, 35-27.

Alright. I suppose I'll have to change up the strategy this week. Win big or lose big, right?
First, I'm rolling with Okanogan over Chelan. Chelan generally has a talented body or two but not enough for an upset.
Second, I picked the Scotties last week, they failed me. I think fresh off a tough loss they will motivated, but I'm going to pick Deer Park in this one.
Third. Is it time for the Rangers to get over the hump in the SCAC West?! I'm going to say, no. I hate Leopards, but I'll take them this week.
Fourth. Riverview is not very good. Connell is pretty good. Picking the Eagles.
Fifth. Ki-Be travels to Royal City. My hope is that nobody gets hurt. I'm taking the Knights.
Sixth. Mt. Baker looks like a solid pick to win another one here. Go Mounties.
Seventhly. Sultan with an extra week of prep after throwing in the towel against ABM. Picking the Turks.
8. Monte, just Monte.
9. I'm going to say, Stevenson. Haven't looked into either team much.
10. Do I dare pick Vashon Island? Nope. Cougs.

King Griz, it’s good to see you back.

Okanogan(5-0) at Chelan (2-3) – Every year the CTL beats up on each other and the best team in the league seems to lose to a so so team. But I don’t think this will be the case Friday.

Freeman (4-1) at Deer Park (4-1) – After a hard loss last week I thing Freeman will take a close look at their future and come out fighting this week. Guess this is a good week to do that, Could be the district title on the line. Going with the Scotties in a close game.

Zillah (4-1) at Naches (5-1) Neither team has proven superiority but Maxpreps has Naches as #1 in state, so it has to be true. Was the 5-1 typo a fluke or just a week early. Let’s check my crystal ball????? Nope it was a typo. I have to pick one upset this week. Go Rangers, should be a high scoring game.

Connell (5-0) at River View (1-4) - Litttle074 I’m placing my bet that Hawkins scores in the 4th before putting in the backups. But they can keep the panthers from scoring? Extra practice for next week.

KiBe (1-4) at Royal (5-0) – sticking my neck out and saying KiBe. Kidding, Royal should score in the first minute, even if they kick off.

Meridian (2-3) at Mt. Baker (5-0) Baker is ready to mount up and ride this one in style. Meridian is struggling.

Sultan (4-1) at Cedar crest (3-2) – good to see Sultan back on the field. Sultan wins by 21.
Montesano (5-0) at RA Long (1-4) Monte rolls on to an easy win.

La Center (4-1) at Stevenson (4-1) – Stevenson has the talent but they have been hot and cold this season. Losing to Hoquiam showed weakness. Going with La Center.
Vashon Island (0-5) at CCC (5-0) – I suppose I can pick CCC if I have to.

Challenge pick Burbank (2-2) vs Warden (1-4) What’s the score? While Warden has a worse record, they have had far harder opponents and nearly pulled out the game against Okanogan. I think Warden will run away with this one. 42-19

Okanogan(5-0) at Chelan (2-3) Blow out win.
Freeman (4-1) at Deer Park (4-1) Tight game
Zillah (4-1) at Naches Valley (5-1) Fairly tight
Connell (5-0) at River View (1-4) No questions
KiBe (1-4) at Royal (5-0) Game over by second quarter

Meridian (2-3) at Mt. Baker (5-0) Easy peasy
Sultan (4-1) at Cedar crest (3-2) Comfortable win
Montesano (5-0) at RA Long (1-4) Hopefully not too ugly
La Center (4-1) at Stevenson (4-1) Could be wrong but tight game
Vashon Island (0-5) at CCC (5-0) JV might get playing time

Challenge pick Burbank (2-2) vs Warden (1-4) What’s the score? Warden tougher than their record. 28-14

I think this will be an exciting week with a few key match-ups around the state.

Okanogan(5-0) at Chelan (2-3) Okanogan
Freeman (4-1) at Deer Park (4-1) Deer Park surprising people this year and after last week Freeman wanting to prove their worth. Freeman wins the close one.
Zillah (4-1) at Naches Valley (5-0) Naches seems like they could give Zillah a game but it will take everything they have to stay 5-0. Zillah will win by a couple of touchdowns.
Connell (5-0) at River View (1-4) Connell
KiBe (1-4) at Royal (5-0) Royal

Meridian (2-3) at Mt. Baker (5-0) Mt. Baker
Sultan (4-1) at Cedar crest (3-2) Sultan on my quitter list but I think they'll win this one.
Montesano (5-0) at RA Long (1-4) Montesano
La Center (4-1) at Stevenson (4-1) Big game in the Trico League as they battle for position. La Center wins it.
Vashon Island (0-5) at CCC (5-0) Cascade Christian

Challenge pick Burbank (2-2) vs Warden (1-4) What’s the score? Warden has taken some lumps this year in that schedule and Burbank hadn't played any difficult teams til Connell last week so this is a touch one to pick. I'm going with Burbank: 34-27.

Okanogan(5-0) at Chelan (2-3) - OKANOGAN
Freeman (4-1) at Deer Park (4-1) DEER PARK
Zillah (4-1) at Naches Valley (5-1) ZILLAH
Connell (5-0) at River View (1-4) CONNELL
KiBe (1-4) at Royal (5-0) ROYAL

Meridian (2-3) at Mt. Baker (5-0) BAKER
Sultan (4-1) at Cedar crest (3-2) SULTAN
Montesano (5-0) at RA Long (1-4) MONTE
La Center (4-1) at Stevenson (4-1) STEVENSON
Vashon Island (0-5) at CCC (5-0) CCC

Challenge pick Burbank (2-2) vs Warden (1-4) What’s the score? BURBANK BY 14, BIG QUARTERBACK THAT CAN MAKE PLAYS, I THINK THEY TAKE 3RD IN DIVISION BEHIND CONNELL AND THEN ROYAL

HSFBJNKE - are you saying Burbank behind Connell at 2nd and royal at 1st or are you saying Connell is going to beat Royal?

Thanks for all the 1a info fellas. Good stuff!

Okanogan(5-0) at Chelan (2-3) Okanogan
Freeman (4-1) at Deer Park (4-1) could be a mud bowl. Deer Park
Zillah (4-1) at Naches Valley (5-1) Naches Valley
Connell (5-0) at River View (1-4) Connell
KiBe (1-4) at Royal (5-0) Royal

Meridian (2-3) at Mt. Baker (5-0) Mt Baker
Sultan (4-1) at Cedar crest (3-2) Sultan
Montesano (5-0) at RA Long (1-4) Montesano
La Center (4-1) at Stevenson (4-1) LA Center
Vashon Island (0-5) at CCC (5-0) Ccc

Challenge pick Burbank (2-2) vs Warden (1-4) What’s the score? WARDEN 28-14

Thank you for the welcome back!!!! Final quarter of College is upon me so I finally made time to get back on here to make picks.
King Griz, it’s good to see you back.

Okanogan(5-0) at Chelan (2-3) – Every year the CTL beats up on each other and the best team in the league seems to lose to a so so team. But I don’t think this will be the case Friday.

Freeman (4-1) at Deer Park (4-1) – After a hard loss last week I thing Freeman will take a close look at their future and come out fighting this week. Guess this is a good week to do that, Could be the district title on the line. Going with the Scotties in a close game.

Zillah (4-1) at Naches (5-1) Neither team has proven superiority but Maxpreps has Naches as #1 in state, so it has to be true. Was the 5-1 typo a fluke or just a week early. Let’s check my crystal ball????? Nope it was a typo. I have to pick one upset this week. Go Rangers, should be a high scoring game.

Connell (5-0) at River View (1-4) - Litttle074 I’m placing my bet that Hawkins scores in the 4th before putting in the backups. But they can keep the panthers from scoring? Extra practice for next week.

KiBe (1-4) at Royal (5-0) – sticking my neck out and saying KiBe. Kidding, Royal should score in the first minute, even if they kick off.

Meridian (2-3) at Mt. Baker (5-0) Baker is ready to mount up and ride this one in style. Meridian is struggling.

Sultan (4-1) at Cedar crest (3-2) – good to see Sultan back on the field. Sultan wins by 21.
Montesano (5-0) at RA Long (1-4) Monte rolls on to an easy win.

La Center (4-1) at Stevenson (4-1) – Stevenson has the talent but they have been hot and cold this season. Losing to Hoquiam showed weakness. Going with La Center.
Vashon Island (0-5) at CCC (5-0) – I suppose I can pick CCC if I have to.

Challenge pick Burbank (2-2) vs Warden (1-4) What’s the score? While Warden has a worse record, they have had far harder opponents and nearly pulled out the game against Okanogan. I think Warden will run away with this one. 42-19

And the final is????? (Winner in BOLD and score at right)

Okanogan(5-0) at Chelan (2-3) (35-12)
Freeman (4-1) at Deer Park (4-1) (22-17)
Zillah (4-1) at Naches Valley (5-1) (23-7)
Connell (5-0) at River View (1-4) 59-6
KiBe (1-4) at Royal (5-0) 50-8

Meridian (2-3) at Mt. Baker (5-0) 41-28
Sultan (4-1) at Cedar crest (3-2) 35-17
Montesano (5-0) at RA Long (1-4) 36-12
La Center (4-1) at Stevenson (4-1) (45-0)
Vashon Island (0-5) at CCC (5-0) (82-6)

Challenge pick Burbank (2-2) vs Warden (1-4) What’s the score? (47-41)

Guess it doesn't pay to pick the upset this week.
King Griz - 8 out of 10 +2 for the bonus.
OldGrenider - 9 out of 10 +2 for the bonus.
Little074 - 9 out of 10 +2 for the bonus.
Washington_Sports - 8 out of 10 +2 for the bonus.
Snocrazee - 9 out of 10 +2 for the bonus.
Front Row Joe - 9 out of 10 +2 for the bonus.
HSFBJNKY - 9 out of 10 +0 for the bonus, but will add 2 just for saying Connell over Royal. no bias for next week of course.
1AA - 9 out of 10 +2 for the bonus.

Sounds like an even group. guess I am going to make it harder in week 7.

I know I wasn't there but CCC humiliating Vashon Island 82-6 is totally stupid... Pull the dogs off... seriously... 5-0 team against a 0-5 team.... What is this? Arch Bishop or what? Play the freshmen or something...

Do we know the details of that CCC game? What was the halftime score? Did the varsity play/score in the 2nd half? Did Bryce Hoisington play for Vashon?

ADVERTISEMENT