ADVERTISEMENT

Week 8 - Easy Week

Washington_sports

Sep 23, 2013
Well one more unbeaten downed last week. split decision on Colville and Newport, but the NEA loves to keep it interesting all season long.....

Coming down to the end of the season we are starting to see the division champions sorting out. Tell us who you have. Trying making it easy this week except the Game of the week.

Sequim (7-0) @ Hoquiam (7-0) One more unbeaten going down.
Meridian (5-2) @ Baker (5-2)
Newport (5-1) @ Riverside (4-3)
Riverview (3-4) @ Royal (7-0)
KiBe (3-4) @ Connell (4-2)

Ugh - I have went against Hoquiam 2 weeks in a row, well 3rd time is a charm? if they win this week, they deserve to be in the state contention. Sequim in a close one.
Meridian making the comeback with defense.
Newport will revenge the loss of last week.
Riverview of course (will not score) - haha got to go with Royal
Connell by several if they can stop Mendoza and hold on to the ball.

Hoquiam has been tough this year....the game against Elma 2 weeks ago in a monsoon should say something....they killed themselves with penalties and their D stepped up in a huge way for the win...last week against Monte they were playing both the zebras and the Dogs but still came out on top!!! According to Maxpreps, Hoquiam is ranked 7 while Sequim is ranked 10....this will be a very tough game but Sequim has to make the long trek down to Hoquiam......Hoquiam in a very tough game!
Meridan and Baker are always tough teams no matter what......haven't followed much of them this year, but I am going to say Baker in a close one
Newport and Riverside, same as what I said above but I believe Newport will have the same issue Montesano did facing Hoquiam and have a case of the loss hangover.....Riverside sounds good!
Royal is Royal enough said.......
Connell seems like they are having a season this year.....Connell big!

Sequim (7-0) @ Hoquiam (7-0) I'm taking the Grizzlies here in a tight game.
Meridian (5-2) @ Baker (5-2) MB got the best of the Trojans the first time around by three scores. I'm picking the Mounties by a smaller margin.
Newport (5-1) @ Riverside (4-3) This could potentially be a good game. I'm still taking Newport.
Riverview (3-4) @ Royal (7-0) Riverview travels to Royal for senior night. It doesn't go well for the Panthers. I'll take the Knights.
KiBe (3-4) @ Connell (4-2) Connell should clean it up after playing a surprisingly low scoring game against Warden.

Hoquiam -- I don't think Sequim's schedule has been any tougher even though they are 2A. I'm picking the home team for the win.
Mt Baker -- This is the toughest pick of the week. When they played earlier in the season the final was 41-20 Mt Baker, but it was 34-0 until very late in the 3rd qtr. Tough to pick against Meridian, but I am doing it. A win here should all but clinch the league title.
Newport -- They aren't better than Colville, but they are better than the rest of the NEA
Royal
Connell -- Squeaked out a close one against Warden. That won't be a concern this week.

Sequim (7-0) @ Hoquiam (7-0) Sequim by 60
Meridian (5-2) @ Baker (5-2) Baker
Newport (5-1) @ Riverside (4-3) Newport
Riverview (3-4) @ Royal (7-0) Royal
KiBe (3-4) @ Connell (4-2) Connell

ADVERTISEMENT