ADVERTISEMENT

1-A State

scacfan00

Apr 16, 2007
WOW!!! What a bracket....how will it shape up??? Being from the 2-A with Ki-Be and seeing the power of Montesano...I say Montesano taking state from Nooksack Valley in the championship.

Can anyone tell me how two #1s got into the same quarter? 1A seemed like the easiest bracket to arrange. Four districts with four teams each feeding into it. Each quarter should have a 1, a 2, a 3, and a 4. Each quarter should have one team from each district (which it does). On the other hand, if everyone assumes Montesano is the true 1 seed, then it is set up just fine.

I would also say Monte is the favorite. I've also had a good feeling about Nooksack all season. I've heard good things about Chelan too.

I heard Montesano is pretty good but remember they have to play Royal first and you never know Royal might win. Overall this should be a good state tournament everybody has the ability to win.

"Pain is weakness leavin the body"

Should be a great state tourney. I wouldn't count Connell out of any of it. They have a dynamic team most of the time. If they show up with their A game it could prove to be very interesting. They will sneak up on somebody. 24 straight years to state is pretty impressive. Good job Eagles.

Montesano isnt as dominating with the bats this year as in the past. But you cant argue with the Success of the program 5 titles in 9 years in 2A.I think Nooksack Valley is the team to beat but thats why they play the games.

I dont know Connell!!! Ony are the defending 2 timers and they could start off on the right foot on the way to another title. Not saying that u guys could pull an upset or anything like that.

With Montesano's pitching I look for them to be in the thick of things. The non-league schedule was tough with the likes of WF West, Centralia, Holy Names, Tumwater, Aberdeen, Hoquiam, Elma, they will be ready. Should be a great tournament

i'm pretty sure there hasn't been fastpitch softball for 24 years....a lot of Connell's years to State were slowpitch softball....Connell's been to state in fastpitch softball every year since 1998.
i'm lookin for Connell to upset Onalaska. State Champs the past two years, it'll be tough, but i think the Connell girls can pull it off. good luck Eagles!

Monte played horrible and was still in this one, 7 miscues will not let you win the championship game, Give CR lots of credit they took advantage of the errors. Monte will be the team to beat the next few years very very young, lose only two players expect them back on top next year.

I tip my hat to Montesano. I watched them play and beat Chelan on saturday and had a good game. When Chelan battled back I really thought they were going to win, but Monte really stepped it up and won. Chelan played a tough defensive game, but their pitcher was just not there. She pitched two games on friday and then that game. Chelan is an amazing team, but when they get into the thick of things at state and such, relying only on Kim is hard. I could tell she was extremely tired their first game on sat. and it just got worse from there. I had high hopes for Chelan, and instead of rooting against them I had a chance to root for them. I hope they have a great year next year, with only losing one senior.

yes monte is very young and it showed in championship game They will be very good for years to come.Catcher, 3rd,ss,1st and centerfield all sophmores. 2nd base and Extra player freshmen. Kaylee Frajford the pitcher broke knuckle in middle of season, had surgery to pin her bones and couldnt bat would have made a big difference with her bat. Even though i totally hate Castle Rock sports teams i have to tip my hat to them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT