ADVERTISEMENT

Semi finals

Front Row Joe

Nov 1, 2014
Congratulations Colville Indians and Newport Grizzlies. It will be quite the state championship. I think they proved the NE A league is the toughest 1A in the state this year.

Got to see both games today. Seemed Royal was surprised and didn’t know what to do. Got beat at the line of scrimmage in my opinion. Royal QB and RB’s couldn’t do much as they were smothered most of the game. And Colville DB’s were smothering royal wide receivers. Very physical. Hard to believe they called defensive holding against royal on that final drive when they hadn’t called Colville the entire game the way they played. Killer D for the Indians. Royal didn’t know how to handle that aggression.

Newport v LC game was interesting. Tug Smith is my new favorite player. Playing wide receiver with a club on one hand is impressive. I have to say, though, that this game was a little disappointing to me. It seemed like a 2B game. Slightly slower and less physical than Colville V Royal game. Just my opinion. Maybe those teams are just more finesse. Could have been less people in stands and sidelines made it seem that way. And the fact I was freezing by then.

On to the championship!

ADVERTISEMENT