ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts About First Round and Quarterfinals

LittleO74

Nov 1, 2012
#9 Mount Baker Mountaineers at #1 Royal Knights - Saturday, 1:00pm at David Nielsen Field (Royal City)
#10 Newport Grizzlies at #2 Zillah Leopards - Friday, 6:00pm at Rich Leenhouts Stadium (Grandview)
#6 Lynden Christian Lyncs at #3 Hoquiam Grizzlies - Saturday, 5:00pm at Stewart Field (Aberdeen)
#5 Colville Indians at #4 Meridian Trojans - Saturday, 1:00pm at Civic Stadium (Bellingham)

First Round Thought: No close games outside of Newport/LaSalle which was still a two score game at the buzzer. There were three shutouts (Royal, Hoquiam, LC), Connell and Montesano each took it on the chin. Not many surprises outside of the margins of Colville and Mt. Baker right?

No real surprises this past weekend for me except the goose egg on CCC. I figured they would at least get on the board.
The Newport/LaSalle game was pretty close most of the game, but the lightning just couldn't pull ahead.
It wasn't a good weekend for sky bound mascots (eaglesx3, lightning, mountaineers?)

Looking at all these fields I will rank them in order according to WIAA.....1. Civic Stadium, parking is plenty and they have covered stands on both sides.... 2. Stewart Field, outdated picture as the stands are now covered after construction, parking sucks yes, but there is plenty of room for people on both sides of the field plus stands in the end zone.... 3. Grandview, good field and seems like adequate seating, but not covered..... 4. Royal City, how this is approved is the question....looking at the view provided by the link above there is not enough adequate visitor seating as required in the guidelines....going forward there needs to be ‘true neutral’ sites that favor the home team somewhat....just my opinion but this is how I view it....

ADVERTISEMENT