ADVERTISEMENT

Royal vs Colville, Saturday 1pm, game and webcast info

OldGrenadier

Sep 11, 2003
This Saturday at 1:00 pm Royal will finally take the field again after what seemed like an eternity with a bye week last week. They will host the Colville Indians in a match up that has become nearly a tradition since Colville dropped back down to the 1A classification. In the recent past they have faced off three times. In 2011, Royal won at Colville 38-35 in the first round. In 2014, Colville downed the Knights 28-10 on their way to a championship game appearance. Last season, Royal ground out a 21-7 victory in Spokane that ended up being the Knights most narrow playoff win en route to the State Championship.

So what does this year’s contest look like? Here are some of my notes before last year’s matchup:

Colville doesn't appear to have a high level passing game, but they showed up with one last year against Royal in the playoffs. I think the key for Royal defensively will be keeping the linebackers clean, reading keys, and maintaining discipline.

For Colville, how will they defend the Royal passing attack? No disrespect, but I don't think they have faced a passing game like Royal's this season. They can attack a cover-2 or cover-3 effectively. I believe Colville will have to limit Royal's running game and defend the seams to keep the Royal receivers in front of them.

I wouldn’t change much heading into tomorrow’s game. Both teams retain their basic philosophies from last season. Brayden Flugel will return to the Indian backfield joined by Noah Bagley and Jakob Larson. Brayden’s brother Dawson will be the primary receiving target when the Indians choose to put the ball in the air.

If you can't make it to the game in person, join us and LISTEN LIVE at http://royalknightsfootball.com/webcast Kickoff is at 1:00pm. Broadcast will begin around 12:45.

ADVERTISEMENT