ADVERTISEMENT

Pick'em Challenge - Semi Finals

Washington_sports

Sep 23, 2013
Can you believe we only have 2 more weeks left????

Leaders - GoKnights, OldGrenedier, and EastsideFB all with perfect picks (14 points)
(12 points) - Wash_Sports, FrontRowJoe
(Others) - Little74, MonteMom, WahFan, Wolfram, KingGriz, JJSpeedRacer

Well the Zillah/Newport game was quite a battle, hope the games this week will be this close. Every time I try to get an edge up on the leaders, I pick the wrong way. That High School football for ya. This week is no different. Four very tough teams left and at this point, there is no free games. Tell us who you think will win and why. Semi Finals means double points.

LC (10-2) @ Newport (10-1)***
Colville (9-2) @ Royal (12-0)

Exciting week of football, Turkey Day practices and all.
LC (10-2) @ Newport (10-1)*** Now I've seen some of the film on LC and Newport. Should be a fairly wide open game as I believe they both like to spread the field. Something you don't often see at the 1A is two spread teams duking it out. I'm going to give a slight edge to LC. Newport has dispatched with both SCAC West competitors, but I think the Lyncs will just be a little more to handle than LaSalle and Zillah on offense.
Colville (9-2) @ Royal (12-0) If anyone can beat the Knights, it is Colville. They seem to be able to keep the Royal offense from exploding by managing the clock. Although I think Colville has struggled to score on Royal, they've never had as capable of a passing attack as they have had this year. I still think Royal will be able to move the ball on the ground, which spells trouble. Both teams will be looking to free up their play action game. I think Royal will take it. I'll say somewhere in the realm of 28-21. Should be a good game.

Only a couple of picks left to try and get some separation. EastsideFB and I will not be tied after this week. I'll go first since GoKnights1 is desperate for me to make the first move this week. Is he going to make the counter-pick and go with Newport?

I'm going with:
Lynden Christian over Newport -- Not by much but I've got to pick one. Newport plays tough D, but I think LC can likely score enough to advance.
Royal over Colville -- I expect a battle for 4 full quarters in this one. This will be the 4th year in the past 5 that these two have met. The other 3 were in the quarterfinals. The Indians are senior-laden this year, so this is their best shot. Royal will have to match their physicality and adrenaline out of the chute and execute consistently on both sides of the ball. I think they can and will. Go Knights!

Desperate? Two time defending champions do not get desperate they make calculated moves. Unfortunately there have not many to be made this playoff season. If OldGren and I are both right it will come down to who can pick the score right next week. I’m going with LC and Royal as well. LC-Newport I think will be pretty close. I see Royal-Colville close for a half then Royal pulls away to win by 3 or more scores.

Going all NEA
Colville- this team is hungry. I've watched Royal roll threw Deer Park then Newport the last two semis. I think its finally Colvilles year.
Newport- they will play very inspired football. This team has got a little extra to prove this week.
Fingers crossed it doesn't rain

Well, I can't get ahead if I don't pick against the grain.

I was hedging LC this week, but going with Newport to get ahead in this game and I like the eastside. The weather is not going to play a significant part as it should be in the 40’s most the day. I believe LC has played more turf games which will help, but Newport will come out of this 21-20 Game.

Going with Royal this week. Colville is hungry and would like to end the knights winning streak, but there are some gaps in the Indians secondary that Jenks will exploit and when they respect the pass the run game opens up. Colville's wing T will not be overly successful with Royals outsides, and the pass will have to be more precise. Royal will slowly climb the score over 3 quarters before closing out the game.

An all NEA championship would be awesome but I’m not so sure it’s going to happen. I’m going with LC over Newport and Colville with the major upset over Royal.

ADVERTISEMENT